Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread >

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 02:24 PM

I don’t think I have participated in a boom that has had so many specific requests more then a little daunting when your stash is small and if appliqué isn’t one of your talents.😢
Old 03-01-2022, 02:34 PM

Thumbs up

When requests get so specific it can be hard on the block maker that’s for sure. I hadn’t considered that when I looked at the gallery. I’ll have to work on loosening up requests in future Booms. Thanks for that point of view. 👍🏻
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I don’t think I have participated in a boom that has had so many specific requests more then a little daunting when your stash is small and if appliqué isn’t one of your talents.😢
Old 03-01-2022, 02:37 PM

Thanks for taking it as a simple comment Janice, I just don’t want to disappoint anyone
Old 03-01-2022, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
When requests get so specific it can be hard on the block maker that’s for sure. I hadn’t considered that when I looked at the gallery. I’ll have to work on loosening up requests in future Booms. Thanks for that point of view. 👍🏻
I have to agree with Terri. I want to do what the sender requests but requests seemed to be so specific this time, complicated by the fact that in this group some of us are making three from the same person. It is challenging me. I want to make blocks that look good in the quilt.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:15 PM
Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I would not worry about it. For me simple applique is easier, atleast I know the block is the right size. There is plenty of people who do not want applique either. I do not paper piece but sure appreciate when some one feels motivated to make me a block. I do like to know what people are hoping for but feel Janice has been very clear it is ultimately up to the maker of the block.

By the way I love the blocks you made for me and the ones you made for others.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 03-01-2022 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:42 PM

Another good point. Multiple F8s from each person. Well, I may have to rethink that whole approach to a small group of swappers. Hmmm. Lots of food for thought here. Thank you!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
I have to agree with Terri. I want to do what the sender requests but requests seemed to be so specific this time, complicated by the fact that in this group some of us are making three from the same person. It is challenging me. I want to make blocks that look good in the quilt.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:45 PM

AQ, I’m happy you are comfortable with appliqué. (It’s not my strong suit and I avoid doing it.). I do like the fact that blocks can easily come out the right size. That’s a definite plus. Thanks for your input.
Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
I would not worry about it. For me simple applique is easier, atleast I know the block is the right size. There is plenty of people who do not want applique either. I do not paper piece but sure appreciate when some one feels motivated to make me a block. I do like to know what people are hoping for but feel Janice has been very clear it is ultimately up to the maker of the block.

By the way I love the blocks you made for me and the ones you made for others.
Old 03-01-2022, 07:35 PM

For Sewbizgirl. Another Table for Four.
Attached Thumbnails 1bc60bcd-3432-4b86-a726-79807111191f.jpeg  
Old 03-01-2022, 07:49 PM

I agree with Annaquilts. I am happy to appliqué but some people are definitely not, or just don’t have the time or don’t prefer it. Sometimes the simplest.pieced pattern is the most striking because of the fabric choice and placement. I think this boom turned out (so far) amazingly beautiful. All of the blocks are precious because they were made in the spirit of love and giving, bottom line, and makers choice, bottom line. No worries, I also love all the blocks. Hugs.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:30 PM

I always try to meet the senders request but sometimes I really can't come up with something. I love paper peicing and applique but have found myself loving traditional piecing this boom. I read the note and do my best. Hope the reciever likes my blocks. Never give it much thought beyond that.