Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread >

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 11:27 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for the sweet block, GramE. It will go well in my quilt!

I think everyone's doing a fabulous job with blocks this time around! Never better. No need for anyone to stress about it. The quilts will all be beautiful.

Here are another 5 I made today. I was procrastinating about working on a king size quilt so I made blocks instead. Ha ha!

These are "Three and Six' for JayneW, Dancing Star for Hav4, Windblown Square for NZQuilter, and Garden of Eden and Saran's Twirl, both for Petthefabric.
Attached Thumbnails img_1926.jpg   img_1925.jpg   img_1924.jpg   img_1923.jpg   img_1922.jpg  

Old 03-02-2022, 04:52 AM

I think those are for Begonias but very pretty!
Old 03-02-2022, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Those are some beautiful blocks sewbizgirl!
Old 03-02-2022, 07:06 AM

This swap has been quite interesting for me. There have been a few times I've done some simple applique to enhance a block, but this time I'm doing some that are all applique, and for the first time I'm doing some machine embroidery (I did check with the recipient on this to start with).

It just worked out that for some with rather specific requests, I had embroidery designs that would be perfect. Without those specific requests, I'd have never considered embroidery, so this is rather fun.

However, I also feel that if I've got fabric I want something specific done with, that isn't what I'd select for a swap project. That is why I normally don't have much in the way of requests, because I deliberately picked out fabric I didn't have a clue what to do with. I am very fortunate to have an extensive stash - but know that some do not, and I really don't want to have someone feel they have to purchase fabric to make my block.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:16 AM

I attempt on seeing what the sender sees in her fabric - and sometimes it makes me look outside of my comfort zone. I had never appliqued before doing booms and have slowly learned. I am in awe of those who hand sew or embroider as my hands do not cooperate any longer for them. However I still love a good pieced block and believe that the variety of styles is what makes these boom quilts so totally unique and special.
Old 03-02-2022, 10:01 AM

Sewbiz great blocks, lots of color.

I never should have tried to appliquι knowing my machine and I aren’t good at it

Macybaby I absolutely love it when I can use my embroidery designs on the boom blocks, it is so much fun. It sure is missed when we are in Texas
Old 03-02-2022, 10:46 AM

I appreciate all the comments about the boom, F8s requests and styles of blocks. You are a varied group and I think you all complement one another. Thank you for all your efforts!
Old 03-02-2022, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
I think those are for Begonias but very pretty!
Oh no! That's what I get for sewing and posting at nearly 2 am! Janice, I will repost in Begonias.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:05 PM

Default Reba

Another basket block for Reba, I have one Azalea block to go.I see one corner that doesn’t match up, off to correct it
Attached Thumbnails f1b49b0d-c080-4792-b04e-8bd71db17649.jpeg  
Old 03-02-2022, 01:08 PM
Power Poster

Terriamn- Super cute basket block. Very classic. I like how you put the checkered square in the top.