Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread >

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 06:25 AM

Macy, love your embroidered blocks!
Old 03-16-2022, 09:11 AM

Hello to all - weather here has been nice for last few days and have been able to take some nice walks. Time to get the weed-killer sprayer out and cleaned as the weeds do not care that we didn't have much precipitation this winter.
I got Ethans block done and found an Eagle pillow topper that will go on the back. Wrote Psalm 91:4 on it so he will always know he is protected!
I really love all the blocks that were done. It will be hard to give it up.

Do you all ever find that although you have more quilts than needed, that it is still hard to give up a swap quilt? so much time and love and laughter go into each one over the period of 2-3 months, that sometimes I want to keep it for the memories. Oh well - I guess this one won't really fit into my 'decor"!
Attached Thumbnails ethan.jpg   ethan1.jpg  
Old 03-16-2022, 09:27 AM

Love your blocks for Ethan. They’ll be very special to him, or rather the whole quilt will be.

Yes, I find it difficult to let go of things I’ve made. It’s all that time I’ve spent and love I put into them. At present, I’ve got lots of tops to quilt so I don’t have to release them quite yet. . Quilting them might make it harder to let go though.

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Hello to all - weather here has been nice for last few days and have been able to take some nice walks. Time to get the weed-killer sprayer out and cleaned as the weeds do not care that we didn't have much precipitation this winter.
I got Ethans block done and found an Eagle pillow topper that will go on the back. Wrote Psalm 91:4 on it so he will always know he is protected!

Do you all ever find that although you have more quilts than needed, that it is still hard to give up a swap quilt? so much time and love and laughter go into each one over the period of 2-3 months, that sometimes I want to keep it for the memories. Oh well - I guess this one won't really fit into my 'decor"!
Old 03-16-2022, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post

Yes, I can already see that with grandma's quilt, Begonias, but my daughters and I are so happy with all the beautiful blocks people made and I know grandma will be very happy and appreciative. She loves hand work and everyone did an amazing job. I truly think her quilt is so much better having everyone add versus me making a quilt by myself for her.
Old 03-16-2022, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

Anna, your gramma's quilt is very special. So many great blocks. That was one that really took some thought and digging.

TG, Ethan's quilt took some thought too. Those are the special quilts. Love your name block for him, and the eagle for the back.
Old 03-16-2022, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Anna, your gramma's quilt is very special. So many great blocks. That was one that really took some thought and digging.
I almost did not enter it in the BOOM swap but another veteran BOOM swapper encouraged me to enter it. I really appreciate all the blocks made and the thought put in the block by everyone.
Old 03-17-2022, 04:25 AM

I normally have no problem letting quilts go, which is good since I often make over 20 a year. Even those I'm particularly attached to have ended up finding a home, and it's usually to someone that I show them to that falls in love with them.

Old 03-17-2022, 06:45 AM

I have a hard time letting the boom quilts go unless they were specifically made for someone. But that’s because I usually send fabric I love. Found some great Texas fabric that I might use for next boom depends if I don’t ge to excited about it and start making blocks right away.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:22 AM

Remember me. I’m the one who saved hard for the end! Not an understatement.
Here’s one for Reba.

Attached Thumbnails b8760b56-8666-4830-9c47-e5cf7b4baa76.jpeg  
Old 03-17-2022, 08:31 AM

Here’s one for Travelinggramma. Actually 1/8 of the block. It has 6 lines of stitches. I’ve probably done 24. 24 X 8, nope not going there. If it looks half as good finished as it does in my head I’ll be happy. Just really hoping there’s a little boy with a basket of 2 fish and some loaves that might have a bit of fabric in the bottom of his basket hanging around outside!
Attached Thumbnails 96712b81-db01-4177-812b-1974d8165c2b.jpeg