Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 >

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Old 02-14-2010, 06:07 PM

Where would I find one of these statues.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:20 PM

My SQA sent me a really sweet little wall hanging. She is great, now to figure out where to hang it up. The bunnies look so happy!

Thank you!

I like just about anything and go in phases. The latest phase is civil war fabrics but really like antique quilts and reproducstions too. Favorite color is blue and teal.

February gift
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7694[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-7694.jpe  
Old 02-14-2010, 06:40 PM

Just got home from dinner and wanted to wish everyone
a very Happy Valentines Day.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:56 PM

Thank you to my SQA for the wonderful Valentine's Card!! It plays a song about how nice I am!! Woo, what a treat!!! Thank you SQA!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 07:14 PM

You did not say what kind of bulbs you planted. If you planted tulips you probably should have just sent them an ingraved invitation. They don't seem to find daffodils as tasty.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
Originally Posted by laparshall
Originally Posted by Harmony
Yaaay! I got a package from my SQA today! There's a soapstone oil burner that you put scented oil things in--makes the whole room smell great. I can't wait to try it out! I got a couple of really cute valentine dish towels and some Air Head candy (is she trying to tell me something???) There's a really cute card, and best of all, some bulbs! I have no idea what they are--guess I'll find out after I plant them and they bloom! READER ALERT: I'm not much of a gardener, but I'll try this and see if I can actually get anything to bloom! Thank you SQA--you've challenged me to try something I've never done before!

Here are some pictures of my "loot" and a couple of my quilting inspectors checking it out and giving their approval!
You got some great gifts. How lucky to get flower bulbs. What a unique idea. Such creative minds our angels have.
Not to be a know it all, but being a master gardener, I know where to look for planting advice. So if you don't mind me butting my gardener nose in just a little, I would like to share some planting instructions. You can plant your new bulbs in the early spring, in well tilled soil in a sunny location, pointy side up toward the sun, flat/root side down toward the soil. Plant them about 3 times the length of the bulb, deep. 2" bulb about 6" deep. Please let us know what you end up with. My guess is daffodils, but they are so many different varieties. What a long lasting surprise these are going to be. Please post pictures of them when they bloom, and they should bloom every year. You can also plant them in a pot indoors and force them to bloom early, but then the bulb's life may be shortened and they may not come back again. Enjoy!!
Linda
I am not a gardener however I once planted over 50 bulbs in my garden so that I would never have to plant flowers again. The next day there were 50 holes. :shock: :shock: It just so happens squirrels love to eat flower bulbs. I was told after the fact to either put the bulbs in wire and then plant them or dig the hole put coffee in the hole with the bulb and coffee all on top of the soil where it was planted. I never planted another bulb again after that. but I dooooooooo plant tomatoes most years. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We always plant bulbs with a piece of chicken wire above them, but below the surface of the soil. The squirrels don't like the feeling of the wire on their teeth or nails. Otherwise, they like to dig up bulbs. And people have told us that squirrels don't like daffodils. Bah! Don't believe it. The squirrels around here have eaten EVERY KIND OF BULB WE PLANT! And they like to laugh at my husband while he's planting them! Funniest thing I ever saw.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:47 AM

Aww....the bunnys are cute!!

Musical Valentine Card?
I only thought they made musical birthday and Christmas ones. <shrug>

Oh yes...squirrels LOVE flower bulbs!! Use the chicken wire, works great!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:32 AM

Is it too late to join this?
Old 02-15-2010, 08:44 AM

Goodies received by my secret angel - it includes candy, fat quarters, magnetic note, and the second block for a bomc quilt (my secret angel is making two of each every month and sending me the second, so sweet!)....thank you! thank you!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-8159.jpe  
Old 02-15-2010, 09:29 AM

Happy belated Valentines Day to all of our Angels and Angelees.

I was so busy with family day yesterday and getting ready for my retreat that I didn't have a chance to post. But when my grandchildren come over, all bets are off and I am on the job of grandmothering. Yesterday I wore every piece of red or pink jewlery in the box of dress up jewels. I even had my hair done up. I got a lovely sparkly heart tatoo that was included in the Disney Princess Valentine that I received from my DGD(4). That child has such an imagination. We spent some quality time in my sewing room where she studied one of my kids quilts books. I can't wait to get her sewing. She loves fabric.

I opened my "Do Not Open Till V-Day" gifts. I had received one earlier in the week and another envelope in the mail on Saturday. Let me just say that I was very moved by the gifts that I received. I took pictures but didn't get a chance to download them to my computer. My Angel seems to know my every move and has discovered that I frequent the "Weigh-In" thread. She sent me the coolest Weight Watchers cook book as a way to show her support on my weight loss journey. (I was reduced to tears by that gesture.) A beautiful book mark with beads and my initial, I wonder if she made the bookmark? a couple of fqs, and a Joann's Gift Card, and again two of her wonderful hand made cards. She is so talented and I love the variety of cards. I don't know how I will ever thank her enough for such awesome acts of kindness. I will post a picture soon.

Linda