Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Podcast recommendations for you >

Podcast recommendations for you

Podcast recommendations for you

Old 01-30-2022, 06:12 AM

Default Podcast recommendations for you

I wanted to share three quilting podcasts I enjoy listening to.
1. American Patchwork and quilting podcasts from the editors of Better homes and gardens magazines. They have a good format with about 5 different topics. They obviously prepare their segment. I always learn something new.

2. A quilting life podcast. This is a very well organized podcast too. A mother daughter Moda designer team. The son runs the technical end and chimes in occasionally. I bought the moms quilt planner and she’s also doing monthly videos on using it. Very helpful

3. Simple. Handmade. Every day. She has segments each podcasts on quilting ( not just hand quilting), knitting, home organizing, self care, reviews on books, and tv shows and movies she’s read/ watched. I found the organizing system I’ve had good success with and the goal planner I’m using for the first time through this podcast. I also am enjoying many of the books and shows. And of course I love the quilting up date each podcast. This podcast is more sporadic. More folksy.

ive tried others but these are my favorite quilting podcasts.

i get up every morning and do a big once a day kitchen cleaning, I listen to various podcasts or audio books then. . And of course I listen when I quilt.

i reviewed all three as the podcasters asked for reviews so their podcasts will be fine. All read on air. Since the podcasts are free, I felt it was the least I could do. they all read my reviews on the podcast and American Patchwork and quilting sent me the gift below.

Attached Thumbnails be20ef88-e3ff-4ca5-a895-2f8969fda9b7.jpeg  
Old 01-30-2022, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for this! I love listening to podcasts but didn't know there were quilting related ones. Since so many people have them I should have known!
I did A Quilting Life's BOM last year and it was fun. All the blocks are finished and I need to put them together.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:21 AM

Thank you, and nice gift for your review!
Old 01-31-2022, 03:51 AM

I listen to podcasts regularly as well…the first two are already in my library but I will check out Simple Handmade. I also listen to Quilt & Tell, Fine Cooking and Ten Percent Happier with Dan Harris and guests.
Old 01-31-2022, 01:00 PM

I really enjoy Frances O'Roark Dowell's podcasts. This was a fantastic series & she has an excellent reading voice.

https://quiltfiction.com/books/friendship-album-1933/
Old 02-01-2022, 09:36 AM

I enjoy Leah Day’s podcast as well as Quilt Cabana. I have other ones I’ve listened to too, but there haven’t been any new episodes for quite a while.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:59 AM

I had no idea there were quilting podcasts! Will check them all out. I too like to listen while I work, and find CBC and the BBC have incredibly good podcast selections, most available free on the iTunes store.
Some of my faves:
"Thirteen Minutes to the Moon"...I have listened to it twice! A great look at the first moon landing.
"History Hit" and its spin-offs "More than Just the Tudors" and "Warfare" (for WWII buffs)
"Quirks and Quarks" for science buffs
"Tapestry" more spiritual
"Now or Never" just all around fun and interesting
"The Doc Project" ditto
"Short Cuts" lovely little random bits
Old 02-02-2022, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
I really enjoy Frances O'Roark Dowell's podcasts. This was a fantastic series & she has an excellent reading voice.

https://quiltfiction.com/books/friendship-album-1933/
I haven't listened to audio books because I know I'm not an auditory learner, but I am thoroughly enjoying this novel. Thank you for the link. Please continue to recommend-I'm already halfway through Friendship.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
I haven't listened to audio books because I know I'm not an auditory learner, but I am thoroughly enjoying this novel. Thank you for the link. Please continue to recommend-I'm already halfway through Friendship.
So glad you are enjoying her podcast.
Here is everything that I know of that she has done. You may have already picked them up from her site. They appear to be in reverse order on my computer so you might have to scroll all the way down & when you get to the bottom it say "show 10 more episodes". Click on that & keep scrolling & clicking until you get to the beginning of the Friendship Album.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1395029852

Last edited by osewme; 02-02-2022 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-03-2022, 04:25 PM

I listen to podcasts but I have not listened to any quilting ones. The ones mentioned in various posts seem pretty interesting.
I normally listen to true crime and paranormal podcasts. I am going to look into these quilting ones! Thanks for the suggestions!