Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22 >

Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22

Virtual quilting weekend 2/18-2/21/22

Old 02-19-2022, 06:39 AM

Still working on clue 7 of the mystery. OK, I did have all those hourglass units made, and I have been working on clue 7 for a week now, why isn't it done? I keep picking up clue 7 and looking at it. Yikes, it printed out in just one sheet of paper...why isn't it done now? Oh, my, well maybe today it will finally get done, then on to clue 8 but I am pretty sure I am going to change the layout a bit after seeing all the wonderful variations you folks have been doing. Glad to see so many folks getting some stitching done! Oh and someone mentioned the wind yesterday, yep up here in northern Minnesota it was something fierce. We only got about an inch of snow but there were plenty of times my house was rattling and once I thought something had hit the house other than the wind, my dog even jumped up and started barking. It was strange to see the little white out episodes without much actual snow falling from the sky. The weatherman likened it to a scene out of Lawarence of Arabia during a dust storm.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:57 AM

Can't wait to see your finished project, great so far. Keep going.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:06 AM

Kristijoy- love the multicolored binding and those blocks look great- looking forward to seeing your progress on that one.

Sewingitalltogether- that's going to be gorgeous!

I finished the binding on the Helen Godden quilt and posted a picture on the pictures section here at QB. It's under the "Feathered Friends" thread. Run over and take a look if you're so inclined.

Now I need to do some thinking about how I want to quilt the Snail's Trail Al Fresco quilt. I can quilt it to emphasize the stars, or I can quilt it to emphasize the snail's trail, or I can quilt it to emphasize the compass.... this may take more time than I'd originally planned... I may go back to quilting on my doodle quilt while I ponder what to do with Snail's Trail AF.

Rob

Old 02-19-2022, 11:33 AM

Default VQW Day 1

Raggiemom...thank you for hosting this event. It worked. By publicly stating my goal I was able to complete day one and I did not even burn dinner.
give.jpg This one was easy...just the word needed to be outlined.
inspire.jpg This one liked as we look forward to fishing off the dock once the weather warms up.
courage.jpgAnd of course who doesn't look forward to baby birds chirping? Ooops...I missed the bird legs.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:57 PM

Worked right through lunch ….. I started a Zig Zag Zoom Quilt last year that was stacked in pieces on my cutting board. Today I assembled the top, added the inner border, and started putting together the scrappy outer border. I’ve been sewing 2.5” squares together for the outer border as starters and enders for months. So now I’m figuring out how many squares I’ll need for the borders. Taking a break for a quick bite. Then will go back to scrappy borders.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:05 PM

Hi all!

I have limited time for sewing this weekend, but am hoping to work on finishing my flower basket cushion cover (started last year). I have the front all pieced and quilted, but have just discovered that my sizing is out, so need to figure out a work around for that....

I also need to do some prep work on a quilt I want to send out for longarming. It's a large quilt so I'm finding the wrestling to iron both the top and the backing challenging. I've decided I need an ironing board the size of a room in order to just lie everything flat and crawl over it!!!

Happy Quilting!
Old 02-19-2022, 01:12 PM

Nice pictures!!

looks like progress is being made. Took a break this morning to watch one of DH's workers grandson wrestle this morning. It's been a long time since we went to the High School for any sports. Then off to get some gray fabric, found out I needed more if I was going to sash as well as the border. It's in the laundry now. Made the mistake of asking DH if he wanted to go anyplace else. We ended up at MOA (Mall of America) and remembered why we haven't been there in 5 years. Way too many people we got out after only one lap! Will finish some house work while the fabric dries a bit. Then off to the machine.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

How nice to find there is a VQW this weekend... Hello everyone.

I have been sewing birthday clothes for my granddaughter and had them all packed and ready to ship today. ( I showed pics in the ChitChat section, so I won't bore you with them again.)

Today I reorganized part of my fabric storage, to get some of the newer pieces out of the sunlight and onto a shelf. Much better now. Then I got back on my double flying geese 4.5" blocks for the Aunt Daisy QAL. I needed 72 and thought that was what I had, but when I counted my finished ones I was about a dozen short. So I will try and get those wrapped up today.

Board member Givio passed away on the 1st of February... She died of cancer and knew about it in time to make plans. She had her family send me tons of her fabric and UFOs, and WIPs for her family that I will finish and send on to them. I can't believe she's gone. I have enough stuff of hers to finish to keep me busy for a year or more! She worked full time right up until she couldn't anymore (the last month or two.) She didn't even get to have the retirement she had been looking forward to for so long. So, so sad. Her sister is here on QB too, and goes by the name 'duckling'.

Love your sampler quilt, dedemac!
Old 02-19-2022, 03:18 PM

Hello everyone, hey Heather, thanks again for hosting another fabulous weekend!

Yes, I'm late to the party this time. Thursday, my fiancé and I got our boosters and this time around, they have really done a number on us. Both of our arms are sore and tender, fiancé had some slight nausea and I'm dealing with joints that feel like they are on fire, still. Both of us can't seem to get motivated to do much and to top it all off, today is his birthday. He got a big stack of cinnamon pancakes, sausage and eggs for lunch (late risers here) and he is now snuggling into bed for a nap.

I've been sewing this last month, but it's been my soft sculpture projects, I've attached a picture of my first jointed memory bear for tax, lol. I've been working on my GFG, I'm up to 24 flowers now, with at least another fifty to go and I finally got the fabric for the paths between the flowers, took forever to get to me because of that ice storm we got at the beginning of the month. I had to wait and wait and wait for a leaf stencil for my Fall Table Quilt, I'll be sewing the blocks together later this evening and will get that sandwiched tomorrow - I'm not going to toss the fiancé out of bed so I can have my work table, lol. Stencil finally arrived yesterday, I ordered it before the storm.
Attached Thumbnails img_20220214_092544.jpg  
Old 02-19-2022, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether View Post
Hi everybody,
Gorgeous. Thanks for the eye candy picture. Enjoy the process.