Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Elnita Machine >

Elnita Machine

Elnita Machine

Old 03-06-2022, 05:40 AM

Default Elnita Machine

Just talked with one of my neighbors and she mentioned she had an Elnita machine still in the box from years ago, never used, still in it's original wrapper. She's been having issues with her Kenmore machine and thought maybe she should pull this one out and try it. She'd never heard of the brand before until I told her it's cousin to the Elna. The Elna name is even on the box. I started out with an Elna SU62 back in the 70's and I'm still kicking myself for selling it thinking I didn't need 2 machine back in 2000. I told her to go ahead and try it but I have no idea how good this machine is. She just does normal type sewing, no making of quilts or clothes.

Can anyone give me an opinion what they think of this machine if they have it? Thanks, y'all!
Old 03-06-2022, 07:09 AM
mkc

Which Elnita? There are a number of models. Newer ones are Janome twins.

Elnita is a sub-brand/line of Elna machines. Elna of old no longer exists (the SU62 you had); Janome now owns the name.

Last edited by mkc; 03-06-2022 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Just talked with one of my neighbors and she mentioned she had an Elnita machine still in the box from years ago, never used, still in it's original wrapper. She's been having issues with her Kenmore machine and thought maybe she should pull this one out and try it. She'd never heard of the brand before until I told her it's cousin to the Elna. The Elna name is even on the box. I started out with an Elna SU62 back in the 70's and I'm still kicking myself for selling it thinking I didn't need 2 machine back in 2000. I told her to go ahead and try it but I have no idea how good this machine is. She just does normal type sewing, no making of quilts or clothes.

Can anyone give me an opinion what they think of this machine if they have it? Thanks, y'all!
I have an Elnita
that I bought in 1993. It's a wonderful machine. It's all metal made in Switzerland and I still use it. I take it to classes with me. It's a low maintenance machine. I love it.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:23 AM
mkc

Circling back after doing some research - Elna from 1995 and earlier was one company. They folded.

The Elna name after that is made by Janome.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:21 AM

Don't know the model, just know it's old. I knew it came from the Elna family as the box cleared had ELNA on it. Hopefully she'll take my suggestion and take a whirl with it. Can't hurt since it was free. It's still wrapped up in it's original wrappings no less.

I also knew Elna and Janome came together too as Brother and Babylock, Pfaff and Viking plus Singer.

Thanks all for the info. She may have a diamond of a machine and not even know it.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:01 AM

Interesting, never heard of an Elnita machine before. Good Luck, it just might be a gem.