Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed with Missouri Star  :( >

Disappointed with Missouri Star :(

Disappointed with Missouri Star :(

Old 03-09-2022, 10:35 AM

I do sympathize, and have had similar experiences with online ordering. I ordered 2 yards of a fabric I really liked, and when it came, it was not the color I needed, so I left it in the original bag. Months later, I opened it and realized it was far short of 2 yards. I chalked it up to my problem, because I did not check the fabric when I got it. After the challenges and issues everyone has faced the last couple of years, I've become much more tolerant of problems, and find I seem to be looking for different "lemonade recipes" as I try to accept and work around all the stumbling blocks I run into!
Old 03-09-2022, 01:47 PM

I order from MSQ frequently, and I have always been satisfied with their products. Occasionally I have to call Customer Service, and they have always been most helpful.. I am just a hobby quilter, not one who enters my quilts in contests; so perhaps I do not notice every flaw. I could not ask for better treatment from their customer service staff. The deliveries are somewhat slower than before the Covid pandemic, but I know when I order about when to expect delivery.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:37 PM

Somewhat slower? I placed a simple order with MSQC on Feb 10. It arrived March 5.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:45 PM

In general, I have been happy with online ordering but have noticed that it does seem to have slowed a bit and the packages appear a little beat up at times. I think that is a result of all of us ordering more online and also of the difficulties in keeping drivers and warehouse people with covid. We also have been recieving some pretty adverse weather in parts of the country along with fires. yep, the entire world seems to have full plate right now. I have been trying to adjust my attitude to "yep, that will do" So when My snowplow man comes, if he makes a path to my mailbox and I can get my car out and both doors are cleared so I can get, it is all good. Sure, I would like the driveway and sidewalk cleared wider....but if I can get out, all is good. My brother-in-law does some grocery shopping...OK that last squash was enough to feed an army, but I shared it with two of my neighbors once a roasted it, It is all good. Sometimes I get giant bananas, some time tiny ones, sometimes stripped and good for banana bread, sometimes green and Ok to keep for several days, it is all good. Rolling with the punches!
Old 03-09-2022, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

I also have had my problems with on -line ordering. I have learned to order very early and not to expect it on time. When it comes reasonable fast, I am so surprised and happy.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

I have had an order for a gasket needed for one of my appliances in place since last November. I got an email last week it was being shipped to me this week. It was in stock when I ordered it from a company in the same state as me. I could have driven there in a day. LOL
Old 03-10-2022, 05:38 AM

My friend remodeled her kitchen last year and decided to finally put in a dishwasher, she did her research, decided on one and is still waiting for it to come in almost one year later, it still hasn't arrived.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:25 AM

at the now cost of gasoline, maybe driving to shop isn't the cheapest on my, the trials and tribulations of quilting.
hang in there everyone!
Old 03-10-2022, 06:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I am always perplexed when I read to appliqué over something. How do you get a random issue not to look like a patch? I guess one could appliqué over with the same fabric and maybe with a lot of quilting would be hidden? What always comes to my old mind is back I. The day when a child tore the knees of pants we were told to appliqué a strawberry over it! Being the thick ones sold on a card! Anyway what is the technique? Same fabric or a new design
I would definitely go with a new design but I am a scrappy girl.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:08 PM

Funny but I don't like USPS. They won't deliver to me only Fed Ex and UPS will so, what I wish is if we could be given a choice on how things ship.