Remember Diaper Pins?

Old 11-19-2023, 02:28 PM

When my first son was born, I fully intended to use cloth diapers, but my dad entered a contest and won a years' worth of free disposables. At the time, we were living in an apartment and going to the coin-op washing machines meant walking up a steep hill to a separate building about 100 yards away. Walk up to wash, walk up to dry, walk up to retrieve, try to do it during a nap or when hubby was home at night, in snow, in ice, in 100°+ summer heat.... Ugh. Didn't take me long to make that choice, lol.

6.5 years later, my second son had such sensitive skin that any time spent in a wet diaper resulted in diaper rashes so bad, they looked and acted like chemical burns. I can remember my husband having to hold him down while I washed the poo off as gently and quickly as I could, and my poor baby screaming because it was so bad. Omg brings tears to my eyes even now, remembering how he screamed! Switching to disposables in his case was a very easy choice.
Old 11-20-2023, 06:31 AM

You've touched on a key point, Peckish, that being, at the end of the day chosing what we chose equates to being what's best for us and our living situation, in addition to being what's best for our little ones.

I've come across so many comments related to diaper rash and cloth diapers, with mothers claiming that because they used cloth, their children never had a diaper rash. I must have done something wrong along the way, because my kids got occasional diaper rash, and I was always anal when it came to checking and changing them, yet diaper rash still reared it's ugly little head from time-to-time.