Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappearing Design wall Fabric >

Disappearing Design wall Fabric

Disappearing Design wall Fabric

Old 03-17-2022, 12:18 PM

I bought a projector screen that is 84”sq, but will have to take the housing/frame off of it so it will be able to roll up mor fabric/thicker. I like the weight of actual screen, but of course nothing sticks to it so the plan is to either glue flannel or similar to it or replace the whole screen with the 6oz brushed canvas if I can ever find it. I have two flannel lined table pads on another system I have right now and they are wrinkled and stretched and very hard to get them aligned so it rolls up even. The plastic on the table pads it very thin and will probably tear if I should ever need to pin something to it. I also bought table cloth yardage from Joann and it was also very stretched had holes at the top along one selvage. Very disappointing. If I could find the yardage similar to this with a heavier vinyl back that could work. I have one like this for my dining room table, but bought it years ago. Another option for your roller rod is this, which I also bought from Medtech . Let me get a link of what I got. https://www.metechs.com/store/index....ucts_id=416535, I bought a 95” rod. And https://www.metechs.com/store/index....ucts_id=416600. This is the hardware used to hang it. You still need to determine how far to install it from the wall so you can fit what ever material on it. Just adding a block of wood behind it might work to give you more distance from the wall to roll up your material. My husband already mounted this system for me and it is very strong. Now if I can just find the right fabric to use. If I can’t I’ll just use the screen from the projector and glue flannel on it. Hope this helps.

Last edited by aforristall; 03-17-2022 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2022, 12:50 PM

Default Disappearing design wall

QUOTE=aforristall;8543231]I bought a projector screen that is 84”sq, but will have to take the housing/frame off of it so it will be able to roll up mor fabric/thicker. I like the weight of actual screen, but of course nothing sticks to it so the plan is to either glue flannel or similar to it or replace the whole screen with the 6oz brushed canvas if I can ever find it. I have two flannel lined table pads on another system I have right now and they are wrinkled and stretched and very hard to get them aligned so it rolls up even. The plastic on the table pads it very thin and will probably tear if I should ever need to pin something to it. I also bought table cloth yardage from Joann and it was also very stretched had holes at the top along one selvage. Very disappointing. If I could find the yardage similar to this with a heavier vinyl back that could work. I have one like this for my dining room table, but bought it years ago. Another option for your roller rod is this, which I also bought from Medtech . Let me get a link of what I got. https://www.metechs.com/store/index....ucts_id=416535, I bought a 95” rod. And https://www.metechs.com/store/index....ucts_id=416600. This is the hardware used to hang it. You still need to determine how far to install it from the wall so you can fit what ever material on it. Just adding a block of wood behind it might work to give you more distance from the wall to roll up your material. My husband already mounted this system for me and it is very strong. Now if I can just find the right fabric to use. If I can’t I’ll just use the screen from the projector and glue flannel on it. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-17-2022, 01:25 PM

Here’s a picture of what I have now. It’s the roller blind system I mentioned above with 2 table pads from Walmart. I have it temporarily attached the table pads with duct tape. The roller blind system comes with the bottom rail too, which you can see I have attached with clamps.
Old 03-17-2022, 03:24 PM

Another idea I just thought of how I can put to use the second rod. It would be cool to have a clear sheet of vinyl to pull down in front of the first one so I can audition the quilt that I have hanging. I just can’t get on the floor anymore due to a recent back injury, so looking for anything to make this process easier.