Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 18-20, 2022

Old 03-18-2022, 03:39 AM

Thank you Heather. While I won’t be able to create all weekend, I will take advantage of every free moment…I need to finish my grandson’s quilt before my trip to California in April. All the clouds have been sewn on an the top two airplanes but I have a long ways to go. Once the planes are sewn, I will need to add all the details…wheels, propellers, etc.
Attached Thumbnails d07faa2a-a6e5-4127-80fb-06d95d11b2ee.jpeg  
Old 03-18-2022, 04:00 AM

Count me in. Unfortunately, I will be doing some "reverse sewing" (what I call ripping out stitches) When I looked at what I did last night, 2 small units aren't placed correctly and it will bother me if I don't straighten them out! I was directionally challenged yesterday and I must have been more tired than I thought I was.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:03 AM

Thanks for hosting again, Heather!

WMUTeach and jmoore: Thanks for glimpses of your current projects.

I hope to get some sewing done today. I am working on a top with leftover blocks of different sizes and from different projects as my main focus.

Tomorrow, I plan to go out of town for my nephew’s celebration of his Paralympic experience. He took a silver and placed 5th in his snowboard events. He is the inventor of the prosthetics that 26 athletes were wearing at the games. ❤️

Old 03-18-2022, 05:09 AM

Count me in this time. I am trying to finish a small quilt top. Hopefully I get much more than just the top done.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:26 AM

Thanks for hosting Heather! I can’t believe that we are already over halfway through March! This year has been off to a chaotic start and I really hope this weekend I can finally put the borders on my Allitare quilt and tidy up my room so I can start a new project. I feel as though my sewjo is buried away somewhere and I want to find it! I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!
Old 03-18-2022, 09:20 AM

Hello all. I missed last month's weekend, I must have been super busy doing a whole lot of nothing ha ha. Anyway, this weekend the plan is to finish 2 quillows. You wouldn't think that would be difficult but who knows how many other things will interfere. I also have 3 small paper pieced blocks to do, they are an ongoing blocks of the week project that runs the entire year. Every Friday an email is received with 3 little blocks to do, they will finish at 4.5". I have lots of other ideas rolling around in the brain, like I said - other things to interfere.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Old 03-18-2022, 09:24 AM

Thanks for hosting! I will not be sewing or quilting this weekend but I am playing with fabric and will be thinking of the rest of you and following your progress. I'm preparing to move this year and have been going through my stash, changing from the cardboard boxes I use to plastic totes.

Good thing is I started my stash clearing about 10 years ago... In the "she with the most fabrics" race, I had already placed and have gone from a room packed full floor to ceiling to what I hope is about a closet's worth of fabric.

Some of the boxes have been super easy, just take them out of the one and put them in the other. However... a lot of the boxes weren't so well sorted and I've been going over them piece by piece and making decisions and such.

It's hard to not get excited/distracted sometimes as I find fabrics and combinations, but I keep telling myself that "organization is the quilt I'm working on". Maybe if I say it a few more times it will be easier
Old 03-18-2022, 11:24 AM

Now I see why we have so many UFO's in our stash, we always let ourselves get distracted. I got one seam made to join two of my quarters together and then the phone rings, I talked too long and I made myself some late lunch and I go back to my craft room and the phone again, once again I talk too long. I hope after posting this little note that I can get some real sewing done.

It's raining really hard in Georgia, so if the electric doesn't go I think that I should be able to accomplish a little something

Happy piecing everyone

cherrybsixty
Old 03-18-2022, 11:30 AM

Hand binding a Halloween table runner. I bought the fabric at Mo Star before the pandemic lol. Take your pick I'm either early or late. 😁. Also plan on trying out machine embroidery on a flannel baby blanket using a technique someone on the board told me about. img_20220318_152029.jpg

Last edited by Nesie; 03-18-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-18-2022, 12:58 PM

Cute runner Nesie. I say you are early with the project.

Jmoore love the planes

am making good progress on my goals. I should have a picture to post soon.