Wow!

Old 03-18-2022, 10:23 AM

Thumbs up Wow!

What a difference! I bought one of those lighting strips for your machine and I cannot believe how it improves my lighting! I can SEE! At 75, my vision has gone a bit dim and fuzzy. Not any more. I got mine at Walmart but Ebay's got 'em too at much better prices. Amazon's seem about the same range as Wally's. I've been struggling to see and these do make a HUGE difference.

Rusty
Old 03-18-2022, 10:52 AM

I have been thinking about getting one of these but wasn't sure just what kind of a difference it does make. This is good news.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:54 AM

This may be a purchase I have to make, too! Thank you for the insight (and pardon my pun..)
Old 03-18-2022, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

Better lighting always a plus!
Old 03-18-2022, 04:08 PM

Wondering just which one you purchased. I noticed some have USB port and some have a plug in. I didn't know any sewing machines had a port. Is the one you purchased attached to your machine or does it sit beside it? I have a swing arm lamp that I have used for years and it works great but it looks to me like the kind you describe would shine more light on the actual sewing one is doing.
Old 03-18-2022, 04:30 PM

What I purchased is a LED lighting strip that attaches to the machine itself and shines down onto the sewing plate and needle area. It has a USB that plugs into a conventional plug that uses standard US alternating current. For me it eliminates the shadows that were thrown by my previous sewing lamp, making it so much easier for me to see what I am sewing. I don't know how to post a pix. A link is the best I can do
link to pix

HTH

Last edited by RustyOne; 03-18-2022 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:04 PM

I have a string of LEDs taped to the upper curve of the Juki's throat and was thrilled for a few years but now keep turning them off because the light bounces off the polished sewing surface and creates a glare. So, if glare normally bothers you, you may not like them. Or maybe will need to reposition them.

hugs,
charlotte

Old 03-18-2022, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

If you machine quilt the strip will pull off when the quilt is bunched up underneath. That is what happened to mine too many times to mess with using it. I tried using big rubber bands to hold it on, didn't work to keep in place. The adhesive strip wasn't strong enough to keep it in place either. I have tried two different brands and gave up.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
If you machine quilt the strip will pull off when the quilt is bunched up underneath. That is what happened to mine too many times to mess with using it. I tried using big rubber bands to hold it on, didn't work to keep in place. The adhesive strip wasn't strong enough to keep it in place either. I have tried two different brands and gave up.
AH! Good point. I should mention that I hand quilt; I can see machine quilters may not find the LED strip helpful. What I do have is failing eyesight and the strip helps tremendously with that. So it is obviously not a solution for everyone.

Old 03-28-2022, 06:50 AM

Default WOw!

I have two of these strips on my DSM. One at the back of the neck of my machine and one at the front. I find them extremely helpful. Mine plug into an outlet. These are great as there are places where you may trim them to size.