Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend—April 15-17, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend—April 15-17, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend—April 15-17, 2022

Old 04-14-2022, 04:57 PM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend—April 15-17, 2022

Welcome to VQW. I finally have my main quilting machine back so I have a pile of quilt tops waiting to be quilted. But I started a pineapple quilt today so may have to finish that top before I start quilting tops.

Next month the VQW will be May 27-30.
Old 04-15-2022, 02:30 AM

Yay, Thanks for hosting again Heather! I have to decide on borders for the Irish Mist quilt that I finished last weekend, and I hope to make good progress on my Brightly quilt that I started on Monday, I have 3 of the rows done. I may pull out Allitare and contemplate what to do with the border issues I have.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!
Old 04-15-2022, 02:46 AM

I will be getting home tonight after spending the day with my mom. I have lots to do. I need to press the top and backing for a large quilt. When I get that done I need to baste that quilt. I also have to make new curtains for a room that my husband just finished painting. Then I need to cut and start sewing another quilt.

Glad it is just my husband and I for dinner on Easter
Old 04-15-2022, 02:50 AM

I am "IN" again, but my list of projects will be small. Hoping that I can get some sewing done between closing out my semester of teaching and celebrating the Easter Holidays with my family.

1. Finish binding on the Thimbleberriesquilt.
2. Straighten up my sewing room - get everything back in its place.
3. Take apart some blocks, square up and resew - will hope for 5 but any at all would move this quilt toward a finish.
4. Put the May dates on my calendar for the next Virtual Quilting Weekend.
There are plenty of other "quiltiy" tasks, but they will wait.
Old 04-15-2022, 02:53 AM

I have a quilt spray basted but got sidetracked yesterday when I started organizing the walk-in pantry. I'm making "pantry pads" for shelf liners. Nothing too fancy, but they look so festive! Pics to follow...
Old 04-15-2022, 03:24 AM

Thanks for hosting! Count me in: embroidering some tea towels for upcoming booth at Strawberry Festival, trying to finish another quilt before Spring Fling and I've gotten all 12 blocks for QOV done, just need to decide on sashing and what to piece on the back. (I'm using up old fabric and I have to cut the fold because it's faded to an entirely different shade of blue. Better to waste an inch or so than the whole 6 yards.)
Old 04-15-2022, 04:22 AM

Plan: Get the three borders on my Bonnie Mystery on. Pick up the "scraps" from the mystery and put them back in the scrap bags (how can I have more scraps then when I started?) And I really want to try an embroidery on my 590!
Old 04-15-2022, 04:25 AM

I have finally finished piecing and adding borders to dd's Sweet Surrender quilt, so this weekend, my goal is to get it quilted.
Next l have the blocks for my QOV complete, so l hope to sew them together and add the border ( lovely poppies!).
Old 04-15-2022, 04:27 AM

I'm in if my moms plumbing cooperates, we had to remove a dead stair lift before they could get a bigger machine in the basement to remove roots in the main line.

I have one test quilt to finish cutting out and assemble, and also working on hand quilting my table topper,
Hope everyone has a great weekend and good weather.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:03 AM

Cool Beans! Count me in. I’ll be doing some more quilting on my Snail Trail Al Fresco quilt and pulling fabrics and materials to take to my Wed. Class. If I get any spare time I want to get the borders put on on my Oct. colorblock quilt.

Thanks for hosting, Heather.

Rob