Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine >

Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine

Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine

Old 05-01-2022, 08:40 PM

Question Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine

Hi, I am new to embroidery and would like to know if this is a good deal.

This machine is working and used.
The ad is asking $600

Comes with 100 spools of thread and stabilizer.

Is this a good deal for this machine? I see it has USB functions but I cannot compare pricing as this model is now discontinued.
Thank you!!

Last edited by Arisewing; 05-01-2022 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:22 AM

The thread and stabilizer alone may be worth $600. Warning: Machine embroidery is addictive!
Old 05-02-2022, 04:45 AM

I would try and find out if that model is repairable should you have any problems with it. They stop making the computerized parts for our embroidery machines at some point. Doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it but it is good to know if it will be a throw away machine is it stops working. I have a machine that barely works but the accessories for it is where the value is. I shudder when I think of how much money I have in feet for my machines. Thankfully, most are also able to be used on the newer models of the brands I have.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:03 AM

I have the Brother PE750D machine. I bought it used AFTER I test drove it for $350 but didn’t get and supplies with it. That’s been several years ago and so I haven’t priced machines later. If you’re buying from an individual don’t buy before you try.
We once drove over 4 hours round trip to check out a potential buy. Advertised as beautiful machine. It was but wasn’t working beautifully. It had a knock in it that if it was a car, you’d think it was fixing to throw a rod! Came home empty handed and a few days later found the one I have. So unless you can check it out yourself, I’d pass.
When I got this one, the lady was older and she tested it herself while I watched. Bless her heart. She only made christening baby bibs for her church, embroidering only a small cross. When I showed her how to center her design after it was hooped, she didn’t realize you could adjust to center once it was hooped. She was unhooping each time to readjust. No reason she was frustrated and hadn’t used her machine much.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:16 PM

Thank you all for the kind advice! I did happen to continue with the purchase after verifying its working condition. I hope I will make some really good designs.
Old 10-17-2022, 12:21 PM

If there is a group on Facebook of owners of this particular machine, join it. If you have any issues, fellow users are the best place to go.
Old 10-26-2022, 02:38 AM

Yes, you got a good deal! The thread and stabilizer are worth that! Have fun with your new machine. When you get started, you will use the machine more than you thought you would.