Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you sewn a quilt from "Animal Parade 2"? >

Have you sewn a quilt from "Animal Parade 2"?

Have you sewn a quilt from "Animal Parade 2"?

Old 06-07-2022, 05:51 PM

Default Have you sewn a quilt from "Animal Parade 2"?

by Cheri Leffler?

I'm trying to get back in the quilting groove and I came across this book which for some reason, I seem to be falling in love with. The bird quilt on the cover, the pachyderms, I just can't stop viewing those photos!

But...viewing it doesn't show or tell much, so I was wondering if anyone has made a quilt from this book and knows what the finished sizes are, and if the patterns were relatively easy to follow?

I feel like I want to make these. Maybe I should stop viewing it and just order it.

Feel free to talk me into it
Old 06-07-2022, 06:09 PM

I’ve never seen the book, but a quick Amazon search led me to a listing that says it’s baby quilts. Guessing on the size of the designs I’d say the quilts range in size from 40-60” on a side. There were pics from inside the book, and it looks like the pieced portions of the quilts are fairly straightforward, and there is also a good bit of appliqué. I also saw some listings of used books on eBay that might be had for a significant discount off retail price. Good luck!
Old 06-07-2022, 07:26 PM

I don’t have the book anymore, but I think this is from it.

Panda-monium
Old 06-08-2022, 02:44 AM

@thimblebug6000, yes, that is one of the quilts! I love how you chose the light yellow to make the rest stand out.

I realize there is some applique which I haven't done before, but I love the idea of a baby quilt because they are just so cheery and fun, and full of hope and dreams for the child that will wrap themselves in it. And the colors and possibilities are endless!