Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Another pet peeve >

Another pet peeve

Another pet peeve

Old 06-25-2022, 07:14 PM

Default Another pet peeve

I think your ire over poor customer service deserved its own Thread, so I’ll start a new one.

One of my PP’s is Quilt Police, and specifically Quilt Label Police. It’s my quilt and I’ll choose to or to not label it. And I refuse to be guilted into it.
Old 06-25-2022, 07:33 PM

Of course! It's always the individual quilters choice. I put them on quilts I am giving to family members, with a brief message of love. My guilds require them on donation quilts, so I put them on.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:42 PM
Power Poster

My pet peeve are quilters who poo poo a new quilting product or tool without even trying it or knowing anything about it. If it is expensive to them then it is not worth having.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:27 AM

A Pet Peeve is watching a quilting video where the person just talks and talks and talks in-between scattered seconds of showing you how to do what you are watching the video for, so you can't even skip the jabber to see the technique.

I don't want to hear you talking about how you need to clean your craft room, or how you have been busy doing such and such that has nothing to do with the matter at hand. And for the love of Pete, don't carry on a conversation with someone off screen about going to the shop or some unrelated thing. I don't mind if you have a partner helping you, but I don't need to know what they have been doing all week.

Errrrr, just get to the point and show me your technique. I'm in the middle of my quilting and I needed to stop to refresh how to do this. I don't have 45 minutes to watch your entire video of unrelated jabber.

I really appreciate that you took the time to make it to help us other quilters. I really do. But make the video about the technique and not about you. Save that for your blog.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 06-26-2022 at 02:29 AM.
Old 06-26-2022, 03:42 AM

Totally agree with "quiltsfor".
Old 06-26-2022, 03:50 AM
Power Poster

Including all the other pet peeves mine is when a quilter says “I was taught to (always or never depending) the way to do XYZ.” As if being open to a
new idea or technique goes against some etiquette rule of must always do something same way and won’t even consider another way.
Old 06-26-2022, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

I really dislike people that have to day something negative instead of zipping their lips! Don’t rain on someone else’s parade!
Old 06-26-2022, 06:44 AM

OMG! All of these are pet peeves of mine. There are a couple women who go to the same quilting bees who are like that. I avoid them and just don't respond to their nasty comments. The one who was criticizing (passive agressively) my FMQ attempts annoyed me. I should have used what I do at car shows when someone passive aggressively runs down my car and say "Where's your car?" I've never had one of these people have a car at the show.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

I've seen this scenario quite a bit.
Someone posts a purple quilt. One person will say "I'm not a purple person but I like yours".
Granted, it's not the biggest sin in the world but why does one have to say that? Totally not necessary. Nobody
cares what you don't like. It's about the OP's quilt.
Maybe silly but it does bug me. I find it kind of negative.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsfor View Post
A Pet Peeve is watching a quilting video where the person just talks and talks and talks in-between scattered seconds of showing you how to do what you are watching the video for, so you can't even skip the jabber to see the technique.

I don't want to hear you talking about how you need to clean your craft room, or how you have been busy doing such and such that has nothing to do with the matter at hand. And for the love of Pete, don't carry on a conversation with someone off screen about going to the shop or some unrelated thing. I don't mind if you have a partner helping you, but I don't need to know what they have been doing all week.

Errrrr, just get to the point and show me your technique. I'm in the middle of my quilting and I needed to stop to refresh how to do this. I don't have 45 minutes to watch your entire video of unrelated jabber.

I really appreciate that you took the time to make it to help us other quilters. I really do. But make the video about the technique and not about you. Save that for your blog.
This. This above all other pet peeves! I get so annoyed that after several minutes of thinking "get to the point!!!!", I exit and look for another one!