Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Another pet peeve >

Another pet peeve

Another pet peeve

Old 07-11-2022, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
My pet peeve is someone writing about a new subject that they need answers to. Then somone else joins in and gets the topic of conversation off on something else that isn't quite related...and it keeps going from there. Stick to the original subject matter!

So true. The original question gets lost in the weeds.

I recently saw a tip about how to get someone to give you the correct answer (for some value of correct sometimes). Don't ask a question, just give your own wrong answer - as quick as can be someone will jump in to correct you.

My BIL said he would never get lost in the woods because if he couldn't find his way he'd state very loudly the incorrect way to make a martini and someone would surely show up to correct him and he could follow them back to civilization. : )
Old 07-11-2022, 01:52 PM

I called up a local PYO berry place to see if they were open yet. Answering machine message said, "Maybe next week, call back next week." Without saying any dates. I have no idea when they recorded the message.

It's like the sign on the closed store, Back in an hour. An hour from when?
Old 07-11-2022, 03:40 PM

I agree with so many of those! I have a couple: 1) white on white fabric - my eyes are getting so bad I have a hard time telling which side is the front; 2) when watching quilt videos and I hear incorrect info, like polyester thread shouldn’t be used in quilting!; and 3) people asking the same questions over and over (not just on here!) - prewash or not, starch of not - use the search function for all the previous discussions!
Old 07-14-2022, 08:43 AM

I agree! I have never liked my first name and I never liked my husband's last name that became mine in those days gone by, so no label on any quilt of mine. Also, I am so happy it is finished and done with one more thing just can't be added on. And it is not headed to any museum. I do take photos of it though and sometimes even blog about it.
Old 07-14-2022, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
My pet peeve is someone writting about a new subject that they need answers to. Then somone else joins in and gets the topic of conversation off on something else that isn't quite related...and it keeps going from there. Stick to the original subject matter!
People who high jack other's threads have always been a pet peeve of mine. If you want to ask a question, start your own thread. Don't tack you question on to another thread. It's especially bad when they then get angry because they don't get answers.
Old 07-17-2022, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
People who high jack other's threads have always been a pet peeve of mine. If you want to ask a question, start your own thread. Don't tack you question on to another thread. It's especially bad when they then get angry because they don't get answers.
I agree!!

By the way, did you guys see that new tv show on Netflix..... 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, the forum bot told me my original answer of "I agree" was too short. I couldn't resist. 🤣
Old 07-18-2022, 09:00 AM

They’ve never heard of the 4 W’s. (Who, What, When and Where). It puts my teeth on edge.