Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you stay away from? >

What do you stay away from?

What do you stay away from?

Old 06-29-2022, 06:39 PM

I don’t enjoy appliqué and really resent it when a designer does not explicitly say the pattern requires it in the description. I am also not a huge fan of paper piecing or string piecing, anything that makes me sew through the paper but oddly adore EPP. Another odor sensitive person so generally buy new to avoid those issues. I have to admit I rather enjoy mail order fabric because I can adjust my cart until I am happy which saves me money because in stores I am an impulse buyer and tend to come home with not quite the right amount of fabric because I guessed when I saw something that I thought would be perfect for a future quilt. With mail order I can pull patterns and check yardage as much as my heart desires!
Old 06-30-2022, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by AngelaS View Post
I avoid patterns that were written for one particular fabric line or that require a certain template. Am I going to love it enough nake it worth investing in an expensive ruler to make the pattern?
Same here about the ruler. Bought one that seemed very useful. It’s so complicated I need a direction Manuel. Cuts into my quilting mental resources.
Old 07-01-2022, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mumto2 View Post
I have to admit I rather enjoy mail order fabric because I can adjust my cart until I am happy which saves me money because in stores I am an impulse buyer and tend to come home with not quite the right amount of fabric because I guessed when I saw something that I thought would be perfect for a future quilt. With mail order I can pull patterns and check yardage as much as my heart desires!
ditto. Just now discovering this + to online shopping. And it’s a 2 hr round trip driving. Gas and time can be spent shopping to make more selective shopping. That said, as my name says, I want to petthefabric.