Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Blackberry disaster >

Blackberry disaster

Blackberry disaster

Old 09-07-2022, 11:40 AM

Oh dear!!! I had to laugh, but what a mess that must have been.

When a taught school a student got some fruit drink all over her new sweater. She was very upset and said that her mother would "kill" her. I didn't know what to do, but he secretary in the office did! That's how I found out that boiling water takes out fruit stains. I guess you couldn't use boiling water on your ceiling, but I was thinking that if I had this problem, I'd get one of those steamers like some irons have, and try that. My hot water is so hot that it works for me too.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

This is not funny, this is not funny.... Oh my gosh! In the hindsight it sounds like something Lucy would have happen to her. You know, I love Lucy? I can just imagine the food everywhere and you with juice on you head to toe.
I have had blenders and pressure cookers try and kill me by plummeting me with food too. I can so relate.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 09-07-2022 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
This is not funny, this is not funny.... Oh my gosh! In the hindsight it sounds like something Lucy would have happen to her. You know, I love Lucy? I can just imagine the food everywhere and you with juice on you head to toe.
I have had blenders and pressure cookers try and kill me by plummeting me with food too. I can so relate.
I never thought of Lucy! Looking back it is amusing. At the time, not so much!
Old 09-08-2022, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by pennyhal2 View Post
Oh dear!!! I had to laugh, but what a mess that must have been.

When a taught school a student got some fruit drink all over her new sweater. She was very upset and said that her mother would "kill" her. I didn't know what to do, but he secretary in the office did! That's how I found out that boiling water takes out fruit stains. I guess you couldn't use boiling water on your ceiling, but I was thinking that if I had this problem, I'd get one of those steamers like some irons have, and try that. My hot water is so hot that it works for me too.
Luckily I had painted the ceiling. I had used good quality paint that was made for bathrooms so it resisted stains and with a bit of bleach spay it is as good as new. The wall was gray, so it came right off of that.