Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cathedral Window Quilt >

Cathedral Window Quilt

Cathedral Window Quilt

Old 08-26-2022, 09:15 PM

Default Cathedral Window Quilt

I'm wondering what size center block do you use for this quilt. I have the 2.5 inch pattern and have it in progress but I need one that will be quicker. I've been working on my 2.5 for about 6 months and have a square about 9 inches. I can;t sit and work on it all day long because it is so small. I'd like to make one for my personal use for this winter.
I will also 'stuff' each window to make the quilt warmer as it can get pretty cold here when it snows. Since it is a quilt as you go, I will be cutting the squares of batting along with the squares but I'm not certain it can be done in largerr blocks. Anyone ever try one with the larger block?
Old 08-27-2022, 06:10 AM

I can't tell you measurements now but not too long ago i made a hot pad and it is 9 1/2 inches and hangs on my fridge. So yes, they can be any size you want I would think.
Old 08-27-2022, 08:24 AM

I admire anyone who takes on this quilt. It is not on my to-do list.
Old 08-27-2022, 09:55 AM

It's not a Cathedral Window, but check out Daisy & Grace quilt as you go designs. They have various shapes and sizes. Jenny Doan of MSQC did a tutorial with their templates.
They even cut the batting with the template so it fits in each block. MSQC even sell precut batting. Or if you have an ACCUQUILT cutter there are dies you can use.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 08-27-2022 at 09:59 AM.