Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Goodnight Irene and Moda >

Goodnight Irene and Moda

Goodnight Irene and Moda

Old 11-18-2022, 09:06 PM

Default Goodnight Irene and Moda

I cannot tell you how glad I am to be done piecing this top. The pattern is Goodnight Irene from Missouri Star, but mine is 90 x104. These are 2.5 inch squares. My daughter chose Moda’s Love Notes by Lella Boutique and this pattern. The fabric line doesn’t have 108 in colored backing and she didn’t want a white backing, so I’m at a standstill. She may just get an un-finished quilt for Christmas. Because I have had to start and stop so much piecing it, I really haven’t enjoyed making it and really dread quilting it. Maybe by the time we decide on a backing fabric , I’ll feel better about it. The fabrics don’t show good tonight in my lighting but they are really pretty. If you know where I might get a colored 108 in backing to match I’m all ears. Thanks for looking and letting me whine- lol
Attached Thumbnails ecd3481d-8e9f-4b4d-adff-88ab911a6f8d.jpeg  
Old 11-18-2022, 09:55 PM

Keepsake quilting has a sale on 108” wide fabric. Maybe you can find something there. Your quilt is lovely and is sure to loved by your daughter. Worth all your hard work.
Old 11-19-2022, 03:05 AM

Another beautiful quilt Toogie! A labor of love, even though you weren’t enthusiastic about it. I agree, do look at keepsake quilting for 108, they usually have decent pricing and a good selection. Can’t wait to see it all quilted, beautiful fabrics!
Old 11-19-2022, 03:49 AM

You may also want to try Quilted Twins for backing. Their pricing are really good for regular and 108" wide fabrics and they have a great assortment of colors.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:54 AM

Toogie, your quilt is lovely. Such a sweet scrappy! I know this pattern as Arkansas Crossroads.

Check Backside Fabrics. I really like their backs. Besides 108 inch, they have 110 and 118 inch backing. https://backsidefabrics.com/en-ca
Old 11-19-2022, 05:42 AM

I don't worry about the backing being from the same line, just something similar in color. It wasn't long ago, really, that most quilts had plain muslin backing. If you really want it to match, just buy a lot of yardage in your favorite print and sew together.
Old 11-19-2022, 06:11 AM

Wow, lots of squares. I am in the process of planning and cutting a large (100 x 110) quilt for my queen size bed. I don't want it to be too heavy so will use a thin polyester batting. I have so many 2 1/2" blocks in my stash, so am planning on 12" squares of fabric and alternate with blocks of 2 1/2" squares sewn together. I don't want a bed skirt anymore so it has to be big enough to cover both the box spring and mattress. It will be my winter project and may take that long but that's OK.
Old 11-19-2022, 06:21 AM

Just beautiful Toogie. Your daughter will really love it. I feel your pain though as I am usually "done" with a project by the time I finish it. I have 4 large finished quilt tops in the que and am asking for a MSQC gift card so I can try their quilting option for the one that really baffles me on how to quilt it. One less to worry about and one less in the que LOL
Old 11-19-2022, 08:32 AM

Lucky daughter! This is a beautiful quilt and hopefully you'll find just the right backing for it. Well done!
Old 11-19-2022, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by northerncreations View Post
You may also want to try Quilted Twins for backing. Their pricing are really good for regular and 108" wide fabrics and they have a great assortment of colors.
I was going to suggest this too. maybe this one: https://www.quiltedtwins.com/shop/Fa...-x64239844.htm