Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
New homes have Cafe room..... >

New homes have Cafe room.....

New homes have Cafe room.....

Old 12-28-2022, 02:37 PM

Default New homes have Cafe room.....

what in the world is a Cafe room in a newly built house? It seems to be the norm now but what does one do? Have neighbors come over and buy coffee you sell? Such odd names. Gathering room I can figure out is a living room. sigh. they are building around me like crazy but seeing all the floor plans is confusing. Just wondered if anyone knows.
Old 12-28-2022, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

I think it is a new form of breakfast room but not attached to the kitchen? Some new homes have very scaled down kitchens now, more fast food fixing area instead of full on cooking. When we were looking at new homes a couple of years ago I got so tired of walking in and seeing random pillars doing nothing. It's cheaper to build open concept so that is why all the contractors kept pushing that style so no wonder what they have come up with next to cheapen the build.

Last edited by Onebyone; 12-28-2022 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-28-2022, 04:17 PM

I think it is literally a space in the house for your coffee makers. Gotta get that espresso machine in place cause its big!
Old 12-28-2022, 04:23 PM

IT was directly across from the kitchen but a very large room. Four hundred thousand dollar homes. They must drink lots of coffee. It did not show a dining room so I"m thinking this is for that function plus coffee.....
this is the link to photos of the new builds https://www.zillow.com/community/mavera/29636607_plid/
Old 12-28-2022, 04:46 PM

I don't see a cafe room becoming a part of my home anytime in my future. The kitchen counter will have to do for making coffee.

Now if I win the lottery.... all bets are off on what I have in my home. I see a longarm room, a fabric room, a cutting table room.....
Old 12-28-2022, 04:47 PM

That wording makes me think of the breakfast areas in hotels. Strange term, I agree.
Old 12-28-2022, 05:02 PM

ibex94,your idea of a room makes a lot more sense, if you do 'get the room' we need to see it.
Old 12-28-2022, 05:12 PM

farmquilter -- you are welcome to join me at my kitchen table for a cup of coffee from my kitchen counter in my pre-lottery home anytime!
Old 12-28-2022, 06:37 PM

I want a broom closet. Not a corner of my pantry but a REAL broom closet, big enough to hold a vacuum, brooms and cleaning rags.
Old 12-28-2022, 07:12 PM

There's no dining room or breakfast room so maybe they are substituting the "cafe room"? I'll take my cozy little breakfast room and pretty formal dining room thankyouverymuch

I have what I call my "coffee bar" in my house. It's actually the wet bar that looks onto the living room and opens off the breakfast room. Since we no longer have parties or even drink, I put my coffee machine and all the coffee related stuff in there and call it my coffee bar.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 12-28-2022 at 07:17 PM.