Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jazz 2 >

Jazz 2

Jazz 2

Old 01-20-2023, 04:38 PM

Default Jazz 2

Looking for a basic new machine that has a large harp for quilting. I keep coming back to the Jazz 2. I do see older posts about tension issues and other problems. I didnʻt find any current posts so wonder if those issues have been resolved.

Would appreciate comments from Jazz users. I donʻt need a lot of bells and whistles - just a reliable machine.

Susan
Old 01-20-2023, 05:47 PM

I don't know about the Jazz II, but I have the Baby Lock Accomplish and love it. It's a high speed, deep throat, straight stitch machine. Check out the included functions on the Baby Lock site.

I've had it for 3 years now and have not had any issues with it. I see the Jazz II has different stitches, but I didn't want that as I would probably rarely use them. I also didn't want a computerized machine. The Baby Lock Accomplish works for me.

Before that I just used regular sewing machines, but moved to the Accomplish because I wanted the high speed, needle down option, and deep throat.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 01-20-2023 at 05:49 PM.
Old 01-20-2023, 05:57 PM

To add, I also really like that the Baby Lock Accomplish is a high shank machine.
Old 01-20-2023, 08:54 PM
Power Poster

I have a Brothet PQ1500. Basically the same machine as the babylock but less expensive. High shank and trouble free. I use it to piece and to FMQ. Takes any thread.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:23 PM

I've got the same as Stitchnripper and like it a lot. I have done a bit of FMQ on it but generally do my quilts SID-style and it's big enough to slide a queen-sized quilt roll through the throat. It's the first "serious" machine I've ever had - my other one is a basic Kenmore beginner's machine.
Old 01-21-2023, 02:54 AM

I’ve had my Jazz II for three years and absolutely love it - especially all the space needed to quilt, including ruler quilting. The majority of the issues I see people having are user error. I haven’t had any problems at all. It is a good, basic mechanical machine.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:33 AM

Didn't the Jazz start out pretty spendy and has really come down in cost? Its one i would entertain looking at.
My problem is how many machine's can I have? And i only have two that i use all the time! There also is a Juki i would like to look at!!!

It’s like jewelry to us! We just want the fun, shiny, pretty!!! Crack candy for quilters! Love sewing machines!!!
Old 01-21-2023, 08:26 AM

I have the Juki TL2010Q which is comparable to the Baby Lock Accomplish and Brother PQ1500 machines and love it. I wanted a high speed straight stitch machine for use on my Cutie frame and it was the best choice. Read reviews about machines you are looking at and see what issues they may have and at local quilt store don't always take the word of the salesperson as correct; they are trying to sell you a machine. I'm sure we've all had the experience where they try to sell us a more expensive model with features we don't want/need. Facebook has a page dedicated to Jazz II owners as does Juki may be a good place to do research.
Old 01-21-2023, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

I'm sure Juki is good but it is much more expensive than the comparable Brother.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

I have the Jazz11 and love it. No problems here except when I do something wrong. It's a dream to quilt with and is the reason I bought mine.