Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 17-19, 2023

Old 03-18-2023, 06:02 AM

Good morning everyone: I’m in.

Today plan to (1) set up and quilt a baby top for a friend. In between that, try to (2) iron fabric for 2 mysteries quilts QAL so later this weekend/week I can cut out and be ready for the QAL’s. The second one has pre-sewing to complete. After sewing washing the fabrics, one of the fabrics is off on the green. So I need to dig through stash and find the right color green. I need to dig through my stash and find another backgrounds for the 1st mystery. I picked out white on white scraps, but it just too white for my batiks med-to dark fabric. I need 4 yards of this fabric. So far only finding 3 yard pieces. I still have a week or two. Today I plan to (3) sew all the sub pieces to a block. Hopefully (5) sew the blocks together this evening and then tomorrow (1) square/sew the top together and (2) decide on order of 2-3 borders then sew them. so I guess I need to get going. Happy sewing/quilting everyone.
Old 03-18-2023, 06:06 AM

I’m sewing this weekend. As I do most every day. Diving into my next Judy Niemeyer pattern. This one’s called Riptides. Pattern has it all in dark blues but I’m using an almost white background with bright colors. I have a quilting retreat the end of April with a JN instructor and want most of the center pieces done.
Attached Thumbnails 91dcca0b-81c6-44b2-88e1-ee8eeec41a0a.jpeg  
Old 03-18-2023, 07:15 AM

Well, the one day guild retreat was a no-go for me. A storm is moving through with snow squalls and high winds. I decided to not tempt fate, since I live almost an hour away from the retreat. Instead, I will have my own mini retreat in my sewing room and try to accomplish what I had hoped to accomplish at the retreat. Unfortunately, the only person I will be visiting with, is myself.
Old 03-18-2023, 08:00 AM

Best laid plans of mice and men go oft astray! For once, I was going to try to post a picture. Pinned queen-size scrappy quilt top to clothesline and out of nowhere a stiff breeze has kicked up. It would be stretching the truth to call it a Force 10 gale, but that's what it feels like! Maybe it's the outer edge of GingerK's storm. I always liked the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz waking up in the snow-covered poppy field and remarking "Funny weather we're having, ain't it?"
Old 03-18-2023, 08:30 AM

Well changing my mind yet again. Not gonna organize fab. Instead sewing pillowcases. Four almost done. Should be able to have 10 for her by Wednesday. THEN maybe I'll orgaize fab.
Old 03-18-2023, 09:16 AM

Julie, the fabric will be there anytime you want to organize.

Karamarie, I'm not sure how WMUteach does her crumb border but these are the crumb blocks I'm working on in-between my pieced blocks or when I just in the mood to sew random stuff. I'm using some extra HST's to space them but not sure what I will use between the blocks.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0531c.jpg  
Old 03-18-2023, 09:17 AM

Well I'm at a stopping point for sewing so, I guess it's time to go down to the basement and finish removing mastic from the old tile. Happy sewing,
Old 03-18-2023, 10:48 AM

I’m doing epp but will probably work on quilting one of my quilts later..,

Old 03-18-2023, 11:12 AM

Managed to get a round and a half of borders on my panel quilt. Will see how I feel tomorrow, I have a few work errands in the morning.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:40 PM

Well, I finished adding the binding to my checkerboard quilt, checked for those little threads that seem to pop up in seams, hung, grabbed phone, snapped photo and what do you know, I found a four-patch that was shifted 90 degrees. Arguhhhhh!. What to do? It is on the edge so I could correct it. But waaah, I just wanted to be finished with it today! Oh well, back to reestablish my friendship with Jack. First I need to take a breath and do something else for a while.
Attached Thumbnails 2023-03-18-checkerboard-donation-1008-2.5s.jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 03-18-2023 at 12:43 PM.