Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Is there a pattern? >

Is there a pattern?

Is there a pattern?

Old 04-06-2023, 03:09 AM

Default Is there a pattern?

I'm seeing a picture of a quilt but would like to find the pattern as I think it might help in the organization of the pieces. The main block is a friendship star but then the sashing creates another friendship star. I can probably figure it out but a pattern would make it so much easier.
Old 04-06-2023, 04:01 AM

Can you post a photo so we can see it?
Old 04-06-2023, 04:03 AM

Missouri Star Quilt Co. has a Friendship Star sashing quilt on YouTube. I'm sure you could insert the friendship star block in place of the main square. Hope that helps.
Old 04-06-2023, 05:54 AM

I don't have a picture to post. I have seen this on Facebook's Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts. It appears that there is a friendship star block and then the sashing strips and cornerstones make an additional star. I watched the tutorial on MSQ but all of those sashing stars and cornerstones are the same and the one I've seen have all of them different. While I really like this and would like to make one, I hope there's an easy way (a pattern) to keep them organized. It reminds me of the terrible situation that a Twister can be if the pieces aren't kept in order.
Old 04-06-2023, 02:46 PM

So I am a member of that group - if you go to that groups home page and put in "friendship stars" in the search engine (the little magnifying glass) many pop up. If you find the one you liked - post a response to the original poster and ask the name. I just searched the group and there was a orange(ish) one that kind of fits your description and the op said it was a free pattern from Fat quarter Shop named "Fat Quarters Flowers" ...... is this it??

https://www.fatquartershop.com/fat-q...-flowers-quilt
Old 04-07-2023, 02:41 AM

No, that's not the one, eparys. The one I saw has a mostly completed top and then an inset with a graph. Bright colors. I have exchanged conversation with the one who posted it but apparently she just figured it out without a pattern. I think it would be "easy" if all the cornerstones and the triangles on the corners of the sashing were the same colors but these aren't. A person has to match up the sashings with the cornerstones on each end and that's what's got me puzzled and hoping for some guidance from a pattern.
Old 04-07-2023, 04:03 AM

After doing a Facebook search I found out that there are 3 sites all named Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts, Each has a different number of members. Have no way of knowing which site you saw it on without joining the other two site of which I am not a member.
Hope someone has an answer for you.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:33 AM

Hi Is this the one?

https://scontent-bos5-1.xx.fbcdn.net...FQ&oe=6457870C
Old 04-07-2023, 03:30 PM
Gay

Perhaps this one..?

Milky Way quilt block

Or can you draw up the block on paper and post that

Last edited by Gay; 04-07-2023 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2023, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by illinois View Post
I'm seeing a picture of a quilt but would like to find the pattern as I think it might help in the organization of the pieces. The main block is a friendship star but then the sashing creates another friendship star. I can probably figure it out but a pattern would make it so much easier.
I think I have an idea of what it looks like, but couldn't find an images to match. I played around with a spreadsheet to figure it out, but couldn't figure out how to fill in some colors. I also noted after I took a screen shot that there are some borders and blocks that should be different, but maybe will give an idea of what you mean by sashing making another friendship star.
friendshipsash.png

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)