Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome keeps beeping for no reason >

Janome keeps beeping for no reason

Janome keeps beeping for no reason

Old 04-21-2023, 01:35 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by gardengirl1331 View Post
Just heard from Janome and they're not much help either. They said if I take to a more local dealer/repair person they can/will charge for warranty work?!?! What?!?! What is that warranty for than? I'll definitely just sell this if the pedal fixes the issue, I do NOT want to deal with a company who is acting like this with warranty work, especially with the prices of machines now!
That is actually the standard for a machine warranty. It is honored at the selling dealer only. It's not just Janome - it will be the case for any machine brand.

BTW, warranties are also not transferrable, so if you buy a used machine you have no factory warranty.
Old 04-22-2023, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
That is actually the standard for a machine warranty. It is honored at the selling dealer only. It's not just Janome - it will be the case for any machine brand.

BTW, warranties are also not transferrable, so if you buy a used machine you have no factory warranty.
Yeah I assumed warranties don't transfer, but that is surprising that you can only get service from your dealer. What if you have problems with them, like I am? What if you bought it while away from home? Or don't have any local dealers? Compared to all the other products we own with warranties NONE have this rule. Well after the first 30/60/90 days at least depending on the product. Local sewing places and machine repair places (for other products too not just sewing stuff) have been closing down, what then?

I hate to say it but this is just making me want to buy a cheap machine at Joanns and deal with the problems, if it dies on me it's cheaper to just buy a new one then repair it. Which I HATE. (side note I took a class way back in high school called (not appropriate anymore) man and his environment. We talked often about how we live in a constantly worsening (now even more so) throw away society. One question asked was how many of you have grandparents who still use the toaster they got when they got married and every single person raised their hands. The teacher said now you buy a toaster for $25, and it cost $50 to repair it, so you throw it away and buy a new one instead. Years ago we had my in-laws washer, from when they upgraded one in 1979, it still worked when we left it at our last rental a few years ago! Even after our basement flooded and it was floating in 4' of water! We dried it out for a few weeks and it was like nothing happened! We only changed a belt once on it that was it! The dryer we bought the heating element went on it after 6 years, we went to order a new one and you couldn't buy just that part you had to buy the thermostat too at a cost of $250, well the dryer only cost us $200 and to replace it was $225. So yeah, we threw it away and bought new. I hate how companies only want to keep making money off of people at the detriment of our planet instead of making stuff to last a lifetime.
Old 04-22-2023, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

My guild members listen. When one of us have a customer service problem with a local machine dealer/shop and we know it is not user error, or buyer being petty, or plain dumb, we don't shop there at all for anything. One shop went out of business because the local guilds would not shop there anymore because one member being sold a defective machine and the dealer ignored her. Word of mouth by many quilters make a difference.
Old 04-22-2023, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
My guild members listen. When one of us have a customer service problem with a local machine dealer/shop and we know it is not user error, or buyer being petty, or plain dumb, we don't shop there at all for anything. One shop went out of business because the local guilds would not shop there anymore because one member being sold a defective machine and the dealer ignored her. Word of mouth by many quilters make a difference.
I totally agree! Speak with your pocketbook and spread the word. Its amazing what that can do.