Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
On Point Charms with 9P border >

On Point Charms with 9P border

On Point Charms with 9P border

Old 04-21-2023, 03:22 AM

I'm totally in AWE of your pinked edges, they do make the quilt so much neater. But doesn't your hand get tired when using the pinking shears so much? They make my hands cramp up. I've heard of women using their sergers to sew quilt tops together also so that end won't fray.
Old 04-21-2023, 05:23 AM

I absolutely love how you did your border on this one. Hope i will remember this!
Old 04-21-2023, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

Toogie, I love this! That 9 patch border is terrific. I know what you mean about just wanting to do some piecing. Lovely top!
Old 04-21-2023, 06:50 AM

Pretty quilt! I so love scrappy!
Old 04-21-2023, 06:56 AM

That is very nice. I may have to copy your pattern as I have lots of 5" squares.
Old 04-21-2023, 07:16 AM

Another beauty. Even your scrappy quilts look incredible because of your great eye for color placement.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
I'm totally in AWE of your pinked edges, they do make the quilt so much neater. But doesn't your hand get tired when using the pinking shears so much? They make my hands cramp up. I've heard of women using their sergers to sew quilt tops together also so that end won't fray.
If I have to pink a lot at a time my hands start to hurt or my little finger sometimes wants to blister. That’s why I sew and trim as I go. Kinda spaces the trimming out. I have also serged my long seams on top of my sewing just to finish the edge of seam allowances on things like adding borders around a panel or outer edges. It makes the allowances lie flatter too
Old 04-21-2023, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by SueZQ from MN View Post
Another beauty. Even your scrappy quilts look incredible because of your great eye for color placement.

Thank you Sue and all you other quilters here that commented. I am so glad you reminded me about Eva’s quilt! It had totally slipped my mind. Do you think she would like this pattern? When asked for her favorite color she likes white- I said white isn’t color-lol- so then she said blue. I thought I might repeat this in different blues and white background. I just don’t know if I have a good variety of blues but will start digging-lol If not I do have some other 5 inch squares in small prints but different colors. I don’t know but I have to do something soon. Her 18th birthday is May1st, graduation in May and she returns to Spain in June. I have placed an order for a white bolt so have to wait until it comes in.
Old 04-22-2023, 03:14 AM

The yellow border is perfect. I don't see anything wrong with your light and dark placement but I can relate to your frustration. I have spent hours trying to get colors evenly spaced out and sometimes they get turned around before they make it to the sewing machine. Sometimes I think I should just throw the blocks up in the air and put them together however they land. Would sure save time.
Old 04-22-2023, 11:18 AM

That's one of my favorite patterns! It looks great in any color combination, and yours is no exception! Great!