Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 12-14, 2023 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 12-14, 2023

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 12-14, 2023

Old 05-13-2023, 10:11 PM

Got my mystery step completed but then had fun babysitting my 2 yr old granddaughter, lots of fun with a bubble making machine, and a water table as we had over 30*C this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails img_1671.jpeg  
Old 05-14-2023, 02:43 AM

Thuimblebug, I know that mystery! Wink, Wink. I follow My Carolina Home too. I didn't start this one because I have too many "starts" and not enough "finishes" going on at the moment. I should go back to capture the weekly directions because it looks like an easy quilt that looks sharp and crisp.

I am seeing some progress on my VQW project. Inspector is still on the job, but has reorganized my large squares a couple of times. I will take another photo when at the end of the day. Like seeing and reading about everyone's progress. It is encouraging to see what can be done when a designated time is set aside to dive in even for a couple of hours. Yea!!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 05-14-2023 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-14-2023, 03:26 AM

Quick check-in: I've gotten some of the scrap blocks sewn and pressed, but I did get drafted for gardening duty.
Old 05-14-2023, 03:46 AM

WMUTEACH...do you have a link for that pattern? Just love it and of course have fab that needs to go into a top..oh and eventually a quilt.

Got a lot of sewing done yesterday at Project Linus. Sit and sew with a buddy tomorrow at local quilt shop. Plan to do the next step for the Disalppearing 4 Patch which is cutting and sewing. This step takes a little longer and I have to pay attention to what I am doing. In other words, less chatting and more sewing...yah...right.
Old 05-14-2023, 05:58 AM

Well, I decided to sandwich 2 pieces of 1 yard fabric for the baby shower quilt. It is the first quilt that I have attempted on my new sit-down longarm Q16. I had to follow the manual to fill the bobbin and thread the machine! I was so nervous, so I practiced the first run on the edge that would be trimmed. It had rows of flower shapes, so I stitched over and under the round flowers- every couple of rows. After the nervousness wore off, it was hugely fun!
Today, I hope to matchstick quilt the second "Pface" that I made this week. One DD lives in Austin. I considered a "Keep Austin Weird" t-shirt for the garment area, but she doesn't really wear those. She does have lavender hair. BTW, I went to 3 quilt shops in search of the perfect earrings!

Happy Mother's Day to All!
Attached Thumbnails blaine.jpg  

Last edited by aashley333; 05-14-2023 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:39 AM

groan, I cut down some old plants yesterday. I can't hardly move today! Wish I could get down on the ground and do some kneeling but nope, these old knees would be screaming at me. So I bent over as best as I could with the loppers and lopped away. Got two wheelbarrows loads of stuff to haul away. Anyway, It is beautiful outside, but I am not going to do anything in the yard today. I am thinking about loading a quilt on the long arm if my knees and feet can handle the standing. I never even noticed my knees and feet when I was a youngum.
Old 05-14-2023, 02:03 PM

Happy Mother's Day to everyone, I am not lurking this time, I am back in Kansas and putting the sewing machine to work. I have cut the piece for another orange top and I really want to finish it so my 'L/A Cousin' can finish it to give to one of my second generation cousin. So, I really am working, you know I don't sew until I get to Kansas and I leave five machine in Georgia. I really wish that I could get one or two of them back here. I really am going to work on that issue next year. Have a good evening all, Stay safe
Old 05-14-2023, 02:24 PM

For me I got distracted by cleaning my stained glass room AKA... junk room it's an extra room that we used to us as a sitting room. But now I use it as my craft room for glass and wine making. But when I have to empty my sewing room so we can sleep guests everything goes into the craft room. I did a good purge and the weather has finally cleared, so we can go out side and do something. We can give ourselves grace it is our day to do what ever we want. Happy sewing or whatever you want to do.
Old 05-14-2023, 03:09 PM

Well, I got the guild project together. As for quilting on the other quilt, not even started😟. Too many distractions this weekend with Mother’s Day, yard work and housework (that also did not done).
Attached Thumbnails img_1709.jpeg  
Old 05-14-2023, 04:15 PM

Good to hear/see lots going on this weekend. We hit 93*F today so no way could I try to manhandle/machine quilt. I have been cutting chunks of flannel into 9” and 5 1/2” pieces at the kitchen counter, and the rest will not return to the sewing room! The rag time quilt pattern calls for 64 at 9” and 248 at 5 1/2”…..I only have about 100 more small ones to cut.
DD came for a motorcycle ride and tried to screw my design wall up, but I had already covered it with felt, so the drill just mangled it…now I have removed the felt from the insulation board….next visit hopefully we can get the board up and then I will figure out how to get the felt/flannel permanently on it.
Wonderful to have a hug from my kid and yay she also brought in our portable air conditioner and we got it set up, yay! This hot weather is forecasted for the next week.
Attached Thumbnails img_1673.jpeg