Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fields Fabric Grand Rapids, MI area >

Fields Fabric Grand Rapids, MI area

Fields Fabric Grand Rapids, MI area

Old 07-26-2023, 07:28 AM

Default Fields Fabric Grand Rapids, MI area

I plan to be in the GR area this weekend. If I stop at only one Fields Fabric location, which should it be?

Thank you.
Old 07-26-2023, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

Not familiar with area but I find this shop to be one of the best online with decent shipping !
Old 07-26-2023, 12:18 PM

I had a flash of the light bulb. I believe the Spring Lake location is more geared toward quilters.

Old 07-26-2023, 05:11 PM

I have been to 44th ST, Jenison & Holland. Holland in the trickiest to get in & out of. I always get to 1 or 2. Another nice shop is New Ewe in Newaygo, north of GR. Nice quilt/yarn shop.
Old 07-27-2023, 04:08 AM

I often stop at the Field's in Walker, 3975 Lake Michigan Dr NW Grand Rapids, MI 49534, because it is on my way to visit friends. The Walker site has a wonderful remnants room, plenty of quilting fabric by different designers and helpful staff. I am spoiled because I am only 10 minutes from the Kalamazoo/Portage store. The Spring Lake store is delightful and has quilting, home decorating, clothing fabrics and sewing machines. If you are going to Spring Lake this weekend, be prepared for lots of traffic. It is the Coast Guard Festival. There is also a quilt show. Now you need to make choices. Enjoy what ever choice you make and whatever shop(s) you visit.
Old 07-27-2023, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Thanks for the warning WMUTeach. I did see there is a big festival in Grand Haven area/Spring Lake Area.

The Quilt show is on our list. Hopefully we'll find easy parking.

Old 07-28-2023, 02:04 AM

You really can’t go wrong going to any of the Fields Fabric Stores. Closest to me is the Spring Lake store and the staff there is great. There’s also a store in Holland with a bigger selection, but the staff is not as friendly. Both stores sell Babylock machines.
Old 07-28-2023, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by thrums View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Thanks for the warning WMUTeach. I did see there is a big festival in Grand Haven area/Spring Lake Area.

The Quilt show is on our list. Hopefully we'll find easy parking.
I went to the show a few years ago and parking was right in front of the venue, St. Patrick's Catholic Church. I am going on Saturday and hope to see some quilt beauties and visit some local vendors.
Old 07-30-2023, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I went to the show a few years ago and parking was right in front of the venue, St. Patrick's Catholic Church. I am going on Saturday and hope to see some quilt beauties and visit some local vendors.
I had a grand time on my RoadTrip! I started in Holland at Pressing Matters, headed north stopping at a few more shops , and ended at Quilted Memories in Montague before heading back north. The Quilt Show in Grand Haven was very nicely done. Fields Fabric had a booth and gave me a gift with purchase certificate at the Spring Lake store. While at the store we heard about a quilt show at Quilted Memories. I believe it had over 100 quilts on display. That was fun to see.

For anyone traveling along the western shore of lower Michigan, there are a tremendous number of quilt shops from the state line to Montague.