Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 9/8-9/11/23 >

Virtual quilting weekend 9/8-9/11/23

Virtual quilting weekend 9/8-9/11/23

Old 09-08-2023, 10:14 AM

Default Virtual quilting weekend 9/8-9/11/23

Well I知 a little late starting the thread this month! I知 so sorry悠 admit I forgot 😄. So what are your plans for the weekend? I went to a By Annie trunk show this morning. Fun to see the different bags made and how they compare in size to each other. I have some wips to work on this weekend.

Next VQW is October 6-8, 2034.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:05 AM

For once, in a very long time, my weekend is reasonably clear so I can participate. I always put the VQW on my caledar and it seldom works out for me. This weekend I would like to finish quilting a Dream Big Poinsettia and finish cutting and start working on a simple Christmas quilt. It’s a kit I bought years ago. I’m trying to shop out of my closet and been doing pretty good.
Old 09-08-2023, 11:42 AM

I'm going to try and get some more blocks sewn up and squaring up some that are already together. I can't remember the name of the blocks, but found the pattern from a link to a YouTube video in another thread (which I can't remember now either) . It was supposed to use a layer cake, but I had a lot of material left over from other quilts so no having to purchase more, though I will need to buy the backing. I was able to get enough 10 inch blocks from my stash to make the quilt top.

Shari
Old 09-08-2023, 12:27 PM

I'm in and actually have been sewing, well at least ripping what I did yesterday. We have been at the cabin since last Saturday and since we took two vehicles I was able to bring my Featherweight and the table my DH so kindly made for me. A couple days of rain and a day rescuing a neighbor has cut into our building and sewing time but we are coping. I have tomorrow mostly to myself so I should be able to get the last two borders on the quilt.
Old 09-08-2023, 12:31 PM

I am working on my second layout of the open options quilt. It goes pretty fast so may have time to start a third. Quilt guild tomorrow so that gives me motivation
Old 09-08-2023, 12:45 PM

Oh wow! I had forgotten about VQW. I'm going to try and find a project to take to my new real life group on Tuesday. I'll also have to find my portable sewing kit, I think it is wrapped up in my tall plastic tote of drawers... if it isn't in there, there are enough scissors and thread and on and on to make a new kit.

I decided to get an Eversewn Sparrow 15 as a portable machine -- it arrived early and just came. I should take a picture now that it is out of the box. Just like my repair guy would do, there is a piece of fabric and the remnant of a thread showing the stitches and buttonhole. How Cute!
Old 09-08-2023, 01:26 PM

I'd forgotten too LOL. Today I worked on dye-painting a new quilt top. I'll be working on that some more this weekend. I'm also still working on getting my Around We Go quilt ditched. And I'm trying to decide if another of my doodle landscape quilts is finished, or if I want to do some more painting or quilting on it. I also have an on-going foundation paper pieced project that I'm working on to try and whittle down my scraps so I may do another one of those blocks. Finally, I just downloaded two more free foundation paper pieced blocks that use small scraps so I'm looking forward to playing with those as well. So many projects, so little time

Rob
Old 09-08-2023, 02:16 PM

I'm in this weekend. I'm working on a flip flop quilt for my daughter.
Old 09-08-2023, 02:57 PM

I just finished cutting and boxing my project for a retreat I hope to go to at the end of the month,
I have found enough cream fabric to piece a backing for a quilt, just need to get at it.
Tomorrow morning our guild does a zoom so unless I get a better offer, I will be hand quilting on my All about Bears quilt.
Always enjoy seeing and hearing about everyone’s projects, thanks!
Old 09-08-2023, 03:53 PM

I would not have remembered if it had not been in my calendar. Sounds like you had a fine distraction this morning, Raggiemom.

I am part of the Boom 30 group this fall, first time for me. So, I have some blocks to make. Tomorrow will be devoted to making one, two and fingers crossed maybe three blocks?? We will see.

Sunday afternoon and evening is make a baby quilt top time. Or I should say finish the blocks to make the top. Star blocks are all 2/3 done and then it is off to the races with the alternate blocks. Easy, peasy square in a square blocks.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 09-08-2023 at 03:56 PM.