Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Personal recipe file >

Personal recipe file

Personal recipe file

Old 01-12-2024, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
I use a 3 ring binder with page protectors. Actually, I have 2. One for sweet, one for savory. Plastic protectors are easy to wipe clean. I have started relocating the page that I'm using to the front. That way, the more popular recipes are easier to find! I have computer print outs and hand-written recipes full of memories. If I half the recipe, I stick the measurements in the sleeve.
What an excellent idea of bring the most recently used recipes to the front. Duh - who told me they have to be in 'page order'?
Old 01-12-2024, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by cindi View Post
Plus, I’ve created categories in it for Costco, Target and even the fabric store. You can create any category in the grocery list and add anything to it - it doesn’t have to be just groceries! No more separate written lists for those stores. I just bring up the “Groceries” in the app to see what I need.
Ha! I thought I was brilliant when I started doing this, turns out you were ahead of me, lol!

I basically put my entire "errands" list in the groceries list. Hardware store, gas, dentist, zippers from Joanns, butcher shop, and post office.
Love it.
Old 01-14-2024, 07:58 AM

Paprika sounds interesting. I may have to download that.

I keep a shopping cart list on Safeway app and a separate list on my notepad app on my phone. It's pretty easy, especially since the Safeway app will give me a price total for my list. It helps to keep me on budget.