Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thread for Tshirt Quilt >

Thread for Tshirt Quilt

Thread for Tshirt Quilt

Old 02-08-2024, 03:06 PM

Default Thread for Tshirt Quilt

Hi quilting friends.
I’m almost finished piecing a Tshirt memory quilt, and starting to think about the quilting process. I will be using a poly batting, and backing the thing with a bed sheet.
I usually FMQ with Glide thread. I’m planning to straight line quilt this thing on my domestic machine.
Will the glide thread do? Or is there something else that’s preferable for this application?
I want the shirts with their respective designs to be the star of the show….not the quilting.
Old 02-09-2024, 03:17 AM

Superior thread So Fine 50wt. is a wonderful blending thread that may work for you. Make a practice quilt sandwich with your t shirt scraps and batting and backing to see how it looks. I have also used Superior Threads Bottom Line, a 60 wt. thread for quilting and it disappears into the fabric and you just see the texture.

So many thread colors to choose from and lots of information on the Superior Threads website. Good luck!

Superior 50wt So Fine! Thread is a lint-free, matte-finish, smooth 50 wt. 3 filament polyester thread.
Due to its fine nature, So Fine! is an excellent blending thread and loved by both longarm and home machine quilters.