Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HimaPro Automatic Bobbin Winder >

HimaPro Automatic Bobbin Winder

HimaPro Automatic Bobbin Winder

Old 02-11-2024, 08:33 AM

Smile HimaPro Automatic Bobbin Winder

I finally broke down and purchased a Bobbin Winder. I have experienced in all of my sewing machines that the bobbin winder eventually went. To get them repaired is expensive to say the least.

Since I like to wind at the least 25 bobbins in preparing for starting a quilt (I make over-sized queens and kings, for the most part) I know I am working my bobbin winder hard. So, instead of waiting until something happens to it, or the motor of my machine, I decided to invest in a stand alone bobbin winder. In doing a lot of research, I decided to go with this one.
HimaPro Automatic Bobbin Winder I know other companies are selling the same product, but I liked their customer reviews of the company.

I watched a lot of videos and it looks good, and easy to set up and use. I like that it is electric only. Will stop when the bobbin is full and that you can change the setting to how full you want the bobbin to be. Also, it will work with the bobbins I use for my machine. I also like that it is set up to use the large cones as well. It is supposed to arrive today, so I'm pretty excited to give it a whirl.

Old 02-11-2024, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

Please let us know how you like it. I have a separate bobbin winder that came with my Innova. It does a good job, but it's a bit fiddly to thread. I'd like to know what to buy if it ever gives out.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:14 AM

Many years ago I was in Joann's and there was a bobbin winder - plug in or battery. It was eligible for my 50% off coupon so thought I had nothing to lose really. I always seem to need to rewind a bobbin in the middle of a project. It still works great but does not wind my Viking bobbins. But I didn't have the Viking when I got it, in fact all I hade was a Singer and and a little Europro.
Hope you like your winder. I like mine.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:36 AM

I bought the same bobbin winder about a year ago. It works great. I use it to wind the bobbins for my Elna 500, since its bobbin winder gave out years ago, and I just finally gave up fiddling with it to fill bobbins. My Singer 99's bobbin winder still works perfectly so I don't know how it does winding those bobbins.
Old 02-11-2024, 11:49 AM

I bought one that looked very similar. The main problem is it went too fast and there was no way to slow it down, and at the fast speed, the bobbin wouldn't always wind very nicely. I tried a lot of things to get it to work to my satisfaction. I think part of the problem is that I have an HQ winder for my LA, and that is an amazing unit, but very expensive. I finally broke down and bought a second HQ for my main piecing machine.

My main piecing machine is a Juki industrial and winding a bobbin on them is rather a pain, unless you want to go the route of having a second spool and winding while you are sewing, which is how it's made to work.
Old 02-11-2024, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I bought one that looked very similar. The main problem is it went too fast and there was no way to slow it down, and at the fast speed, the bobbin wouldn't always wind very nicely. I tried a lot of things to get it to work to my satisfaction. I think part of the problem is that I have an HQ winder for my LA, and that is an amazing unit, but very expensive. I finally broke down and bought a second HQ for my main piecing machine.

My main piecing machine is a Juki industrial and winding a bobbin on them is rather a pain, unless you want to go the route of having a second spool and winding while you are sewing, which is how it's made to work.
Not having a speed control would be a negative for me. But the HQ winder is about 8 times the price of this one. So far the only bobbin winders I've had problems with were on my featherweight and 301, and I was able to figure out the solution for those.
Old 02-11-2024, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

I have one. Don't use it often but it works fine when I do.
Old 02-11-2024, 05:04 PM

It has finally arrived. I will give it a try tomorrow!
Old 02-12-2024, 09:36 AM

The Amazon ad says it will not work for husqvarna viking machines. It also says it is for metal and heavy plastic bobbins and recommends another Winder for plastic bobbins. Looks like a great deal.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:40 AM

I hope you let us know what you think of it. I have so many different machines, so I wonder how well it would work for different machine bobbins.