Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Longarm Delivery Timeline >

New Longarm Delivery Timeline

New Longarm Delivery Timeline

Old 04-10-2024, 09:09 PM

Default New Longarm Delivery Timeline

I ordered a new Janome Quilt Maker Pro 20 without ProStitcher and with the 12’ frame four weeks ago. My local quilt shop didn’t have it in stock, so they had to special order it. I’m wondering how long others have had to wait for delivery of similar machines?
Old 04-11-2024, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

I can imagine how excited you are to get it. Four weeks seems a long time for one to be shipped to the store unless waiting for ship to dock.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:56 AM

Doing a google on "Janome Quilt Maker Pro Shipping Time" I'm seeing from 3 days (in stock) to 3 weeks (not specified).

I would ask the seller about the status of your order.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Doing a google on "Janome Quilt Maker Pro Shipping Time" I'm seeing from 3 days (in stock) to 3 weeks (not specified).

I would ask the seller about the status of your order.
I’m trying to figure out if this is the norm or if I’m getting the runaround.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:53 AM

Just give them a call. I have waited longer than that. My long arm took a while to get up here from Iowa as it was shipped and also because I wanted some extra's put on it. Then I got notified it was coming and panicked. A major snowstorm was predicted with the roads becoming impassable. It was going to be just "drop" shipped where they bring it up to the house or garage but do not take it in. I didn't have a garage at the time, so I had visions of my machine being dropped and then covered with the snow if it even got here. Well, turns out, two of the workers decided that rather than using another shipping company, they would deliver it in their private vehicles, and they made it here as the snow was coming down and then they safely carried the packages down into my long arm room in the basement. So Happy! I would neve have been able to carry the machine by myself!
Old 04-11-2024, 11:37 AM
mkc

I'd have to look, but I think my Amara was around 3-4 weeks. First it had to be freight-shipped to the dealer, then the dealer had to arrange their schedule to do the final delivery and setup. Shipping from manufacturer to the dealers is often by LTL freight truck due to the oversize nature of the packaging (generally palletized and then wrapped), which is not as simple as printing a label and having the item ship out the next day like with FedEx or UPS.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

When you bought it four weeks ago, you said they were ordering it.
What date of arrival did you get from them at that time?

Did you pay all your $$ upfront?

Many shops don't carry an inventory on high end machines, so waiting is the norm. Each will have different parameters around that re the delivery.

I'm sure you are anxious to get your new machine but whatever you agreed to when you purchased it, is what you have to wait out first, before you can say much.

Old 04-12-2024, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
....Well, turns out, two of the workers decided that rather than using another shipping company, they would deliver it in their private vehicles, and they made it here as the snow was coming down and then they safely carried the packages down into my long arm room in the basement. So Happy! I would neve have been able to carry the machine by myself!
WOW! That is service! I'm so glad they did this for you!
Old 04-12-2024, 10:21 AM
Power Poster

That was certainly worth the wait. Congratulations on your new purchase!