Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 AM

I think 36 is the perfect #. I LOVE it and it's a challenge....but I feel with the time alotted I am not ovewhelmed. I think if we added any more #'s I would def be overwhelmed. Plus if people don't get in, three months isn't too long to wait. Hmmm...but if all 36 want to do it again, that leaves no room for newbies...have to think on that one. Maybe if you have 45 or 50 people sign up, break it into two groups of 25...i don't know. I really like the number 36 though. I am not sure....you're awesome though! Thanks for arranging this. It has been, hands down the most fun I've had in a swap!
Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
I am so happy to hear everyone say they are enjoying this swap-makes me so thrilled I was able to do it :-) I was originally going to let as many people sign up as wanted but the thought was that might have become too overwhelming for people. Does everyone think 36 is a good number?
Hugs
April
Old 01-28-2010, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
I am not sure....you're awesome though! Thanks for arranging this. It has been, hands down the most fun I've had in a swap!
Thanks so much Lisa for such positive feedback-I sure do appreciate it.
As far as number of swappers let's see what happens. I am sure I can figure something out if I have a large amount of new people who want in I might be able to break it in to two groups mixing the old with the new to switch it up a little too :-)
Hugs
April
Old 01-28-2010, 10:59 AM

I guess I should've read through all the pages before contemplating....this is a GREAT idea! Just add time as necessary!!
The more, the merrier!
Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
April, I think we should let everyone in that wants to be included. If you need help just holler!
Oh Donna you feel the same way I do-the more the merrier! And my thought was if we had more we could extend the deadline. Instead of three months give it four or a little more depending on how many we get to join....let's see what happens!
Hugs
April
Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 AM

I think fat 8 is enough. I have been nervous about cutting some when I know if I mess it up won't have enough to fix it, but other than that it's been ok. I think if we do fat quarters it will increase the cost SO much for both purchasing fabric and mailing f the F4. I'd like to stay with fat 8ths.
Originally Posted by susiequilt
I haven't made the first block yet so I'd like to ask if you people feel the fat 8th is enough fabric for next time?
There was talk of making it a fat 4 when we first started and that was cut down to a fat 8th.
I've only read one post that BRT didn't have enough fabric due to paper piecing.

I hope to start making mine next week. I figure if I only make 4 a week I'll still easily meet the deadline.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:06 AM

I think F8s are good as well. And I think we are a nice enough group that if for some reason someone runs short we are willing to send some more if need be or tell them add a border-there is always a way around an oops i cut wrong or miscalculated-never fear-no stress all fun!
Hugs
April
Old 01-28-2010, 11:23 AM

I'm in for sure, no way I'd not be in, so much fun.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:03 PM

This swap has been so fun,like F8s.Count me in for #2.neoma
Old 01-28-2010, 01:11 PM

This swap is a lot of fun! I agree with most of you, 36 blocks and 3 months feels pretty good - no pressure to hurry through things. I also think that if more people want to join then we can always either add more time or break it down into more than one group. (Of course, I cannot say it's ok to add more people and increase the work load if I am not willing to help, so if needed, I would be willing to help out.)

This has been fun and a great learning experience. I can actually see my self getting better and learning with each new block I make.

Also, I received a couple more blocks.... (They are great!)

Lori - you did a great job of improvising and covering your mistake! I have had to "drop back and punt" a few times, too! I never would have known you were going for a different block if you didn't tell me!

Kim B
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67416[/ATTACH]

Lori M
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67417[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-67411.jpe   attachment-67412.jpe  
Old 01-28-2010, 01:16 PM

I received a block from Lori today, the camera is charging.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:56 PM

I got a block of time to work on the boomerangs and started to take some pictures of the many wonderful blocks that I received. Unfortunately in my excitement of opening the mail I misplaced the envelope that this block came in. Thank goodness it had a note that I pinned on it when I opened the mail. The block's name is Eddystone Light. Could who ever made it please let me know who you are so I can check it off my list and I can put it in my notes for the quilt.
Thanks,
Barb

100_2343
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58288[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-58288.jpe