Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-28-2010, 08:42 PM

If your talking about the mini basket I made, I can send you the pattern neoma OR if you like, I will make you one! :)
Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by KBunn
I got one block back today from Purplemem....thank you so much!!!
I know that is a simple block but I thought the fabrics were so pretty! I couldn't bear to cut them up.
It is wonderful...the colors and fabrics match so nicely....I love it...thank you again!
Old 01-29-2010, 03:45 AM

Liz, I think we all want a mini basket!! Lol! (or the pattern.) It is very cute! You do a great job on it!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:35 AM

Liz, those baskets are too cute. I love mine!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:47 AM

I must agree Liz.....your baskets are too cute for words!! Thanks so much for all the effort.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Liz, I think we all want a mini basket!! Lol! (or the pattern.) It is very cute! You do a great job on it!
I couldn't agree more, they are ADORABLE!! :lol: :thumbup:
Old 01-29-2010, 08:58 AM

I have been washing fabrics to go with the fat 8's I received and I was amazed at how many of the fabrics gave off some color. I did set them and washed them again and they came clear. Is this a trend with the new somewhat darker fabrics? Had no trouble at all with the pastels. I have received two blocks and need to post the pictures but still missing a few fat 8's:cjt-mama,ispy.and the quilted dove. No problem as there is plenty to do while hubby naps.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by granny216
I have been washing fabrics to go with the fat 8's I received and I was amazed at how many of the fabrics gave off some color. I did set them and washed them again and they came clear. Is this a trend with the new somewhat darker fabrics? Had no trouble at all with the pastels.
It is amazing, isn't it? And it sure is hard now to avoid prewashing....I get a naggin' feeling that just won't go away if I even think about not washing fabric before I use it. And it seems impossible to predict which ones will let go of some color and which ones won't. And the shrinkage is unpredictable too, I've noticed. Don't be too sure that some of the lighter fabs won't fade...yellow surprised me not too long ago. Even the well-known big name manufacturers are suspect...in another group we found a Blank fab that was unbelievably unstable...continued to lose color after multiple washings! Thanks for bringing this up here...learning and sharing is one of the high points of swaps for me!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:07 PM

I'm definitely in for "Boom 2.10" (No. 2 for 2010) as well.
I also think a fat8 is fine. I'm finding that it will fit in a regular business envelope and go out for 44 cents. So will one completed block if it isn't too bumpy with seams and all the air is out of it.
I agree the more the merrier, which will make the quilt the "biggerer".
The timeframe could be extended, but need to make sure time doesn't get away completely and blocks forgotten altogether. I'm finding 3 months plenty -- in fact, I only have four more to complete, and I didn't feel too rushed. Probably most of the delay came from sending out my own fabric. Now that we know ahead of time, we can be ready for lift-off April l.
Yeah - please post the basket pattern. It's adorable, especially with spring and Easter coming.
And I, too, feel the pain of blocks coming out too small. I guess that's part of the learning process here. My seams are getting smaller, and smaller.
And finally, April -- thanks again for all your work and encouragement and good wishes and positive thoughts ... we wouldn't be doing any of this if it weren't for you.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:13 PM

Looks like the only F8 I don't have yet is cjt-mama...recieved 2 today and a beautiful block from daylily 4u. I will be posting the pictures of the 3 I have, probably on the weekeng.