Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-29-2010, 07:32 PM

I love those little baskets! They are too cute!

I have 6 more completed blocks heading out in the mail tomorrow. I am getting more confident so I am getting them done a bit faster now. It is so fun to try new patterns. And I am learning that there are some huge holes in my stash. So now I know what fabrics I should be looking for to fill it out.

The finished blocks all look so wonderful! I am getting some great ideas!

Does anyone here have a link to an easy paper-piecing tutorial or can you recommend an easy paper piecing starter block? Some of those are amazing! I want to learn!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Oh, I received fabric from ispy today, too! I love the color!
Old 01-30-2010, 11:22 AM

Hello everyone-I've been quiet this week. My darling father-in-law decided to check out on us on Tuesday. We knew it was coming but didn't expect this soon. After coming to a complete halt with everything I should be able to start concentrating on my blocks again. I'm sorry to those that I told I would be sending their completed blocks this weekend but I haven't been able to package them up before I take pic's. And to those who I said theirs would be completed and in the mail well . . . it will be shortly. I'm five behind now but hopefully will get caught up soon.

Everyone is doing a beautiful job! And I'm proud to say that while my mother-in-law has been staying with us I've been able to share with her what I've received and we peeked at the board when we could! She too is getting excited since she is an ole time quilter from way back! She helped with a few color selections and a few patterns. Trying to get her back into the swing of things and get her mind going in another direction all of you have been a big help! Thanks!

My update on squishies: of course I have sent a pm to those I have received which is eight so far! I have loved everyone of them and can't wait to start laying out my quilt. Although I know I'm being premature (but so anxious!) and will have to arrange several times until the final. I'm waiting for two more squishies from jan-10 and cjt_mama. But I know they will be here soon. Thank you again ladies this has been so much fun- learning lots and trying different things. Happy sewing everyone!
Old 01-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

Sorry you lost your FIL, wine woman and happy that you get to share the joy of quilting with MIL. Not sure why you are apologizing. You do realize that the deadline is still a looooong time off, so no worries. Take care of what you need to take care of.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:28 PM

Wine woman, sorry to hear of your loss. I am glad that we can be of some help and support during this time. What great fun for you and your MIL to share our little group ( that is not so Little).
Old 01-30-2010, 12:42 PM

wine women,
i sent you mat. sorry you didnt get it. i cannot get any more like it ,i have tried.would it be all right if i send you some pieces i have left,would you mind useing them? if not i will send you something else. was so sorry to here about your FIL.

thanks,will be waiting to here from you.
jan10
Old 01-30-2010, 03:05 PM

wwomen: Very sorry to hear of your loss. Take care of yourself, hubby, and MIL first before you worry about us. We aren't going anywhere, and actually the swap is still young.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:08 PM

Received F8's from Roseanne & Marie, think I only need from Shanna now.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Hello everyone-I've been quiet this week. My darling father-in-law decided to check out on us on Tuesday. We knew it was coming but didn't expect this soon. After coming to a complete halt with everything I should be able to start concentrating on my blocks again. I'm sorry to those that I told I would be sending their completed blocks this weekend but I haven't been able to package them up before I take pic's. And to those who I said theirs would be completed and in the mail well . . . it will be shortly. I'm five behind now but hopefully will get caught up soon.

So sorry for your loss, take your time, swap can wait.
Kimberly

Everyone is doing a beautiful job! And I'm proud to say that while my mother-in-law has been staying with us I've been able to share with her what I've received and we peeked at the board when we could! She too is getting excited since she is an ole time quilter from way back! She helped with a few color selections and a few patterns. Trying to get her back into the swing of things and get her mind going in another direction all of you have been a big help! Thanks!

My update on squishies: of course I have sent a pm to those I have received which is eight so far! I have loved everyone of them and can't wait to start laying out my quilt. Although I know I'm being premature (but so anxious!) and will have to arrange several times until the final. I'm waiting for two more squishies from jan-10 and cjt_mama. But I know they will be here soon. Thank you again ladies this has been so much fun- learning lots and trying different things. Happy sewing everyone!
Old 01-30-2010, 03:23 PM

I received 2 blocks from Nancy!! Oh I just love them!!! You know, sometimes blocks give us a bad time Nancy but don't worry I love them both!! I had a few problems myself this week on 1 block!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66034.jpe   attachment-66737.jpe  
Old 01-30-2010, 03:38 PM

Woohoot! I felt good enuf to sew 2day! While working on customer quilts, I managed to squeeze in two boomerange blocks! Don't know why I'm so slow to put a block together... Hopefully I'll get more than two done tomorrow :)