Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-31-2010, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Your room looks great. So organized. Your before pictures look like how my now picture would be. As for your scraps I'll give any orphans a home that need one. lol
I may take you up on this. Do you have a size limit? I have 2 inch sq on up.
I can use anything as small as 1"
Old 01-31-2010, 06:52 AM

Great job on your room PurpleMem.

I find that my room is getting worse instead of better as this swap goes on.......I am constantly pulling out fabrics to coordinate...rejecting those....pullling out more!! Things are getting more and more jumbled!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 09:12 AM

Purplemem: How would you like a trip to southeast Louisiana?Maybe we could work out a deal - room and board and etc. in exchange for quilt room reorganization. You could probably set up a little business just touring the country and turning stash into stacks.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:08 PM

I just have to thank Ninnie for recommending the book
365 Fun-to-Stitch Quilt Blocks from House of White Birches.
I received my copy yesterday and have been going through it and through it and through it! Ninnie, this is such a great book...and, one that I might never have thought to look into without your comments....thanks so much! And for less than $6.00 total investment (Amazon), I have a wonderful reference book that is going to make this swap even more delightful...wahooooo!
Old 01-31-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder
I just have to thank Ninnie for recommending the book
365 Fun-to-Stitch Quilt Blocks from House of White Birches.
I received my copy yesterday and have been going through it and through it and through it! Ninnie, this is such a great book...and, one that I might never have thought to look into without your comments....thanks so much! And for less than $6.00 total investment (Amazon), I have a wonderful reference book that is going to make this swap even more delightful...wahooooo!
Yes this book is great, I use it alot as well, two other great books are block magic and block magic II
Old 01-31-2010, 01:41 PM

I just ordered the book, I can always use new ideas for blocks.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:56 PM

Purplemem your room looks great. I am still working on mine so I hope it turns out as nice as yours.

I recieved fabric from Ispy....that only leaves ctj_mama and thequilteddove that I have not gotten....no worries...I have plenty to work on.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:54 PM

Tomorrow I'm mailing out blocks to quilted dove, mad quilter, ninnie, ispy, jan-10, and bobbinwinder.

And that completes my blocks going out!!!! (Except for cjt_mama -- and that's ok, you just enjoy that new baby. No rush at all -- got a lot of time, now.)

I've really enjoyed making them. If any of you are missing one from me, please let me know. And if I screwed up postage and you had to pay extra, please let me know about that, too. I definitely want to make good on any postage due.

This has been a really challenging swap. I've tried to make as many different blocks as possible. My angles suck, so I apologize if some of the seams don't line up right. (Those are the blocks that just require a lot of extra quilting to cover them up.) Now I know what I need to work on. I've enjoyed working with so many different fabrics, and ironically the blocks I liked the best are made with fabrics I never would have thought to buy. So now I've learned to be more broad-minded when I shop and get out of my rut. The finish size is still a killer with some patterns, and I'm still learning how to cope with that. Sometimes that scant 1/4 inch works, sometimes it just throws everything else off. This has been a great learning experience.

So anyway, I'm ready for the next swap in April. In the meantime, if anyone feels overwhelmed or something comes up to make it difficult to finish, please call on me and I will be glad to help any way I can.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:13 PM

Holey Moley, Nancy, that's truly amazing! I'm gonna have to take some time management lessons from you, Neighbor! If you post that you have stuffed envelopes waiting for addresses for April's swap, I'm pretty sure I'll be too ashamed of my procrastination to ever sign up for anything again...shakin' my head with a sheepish grin on my face!
Congratulations, by the way, you really have gotten a lot out of this swap...thanks so much for sharing.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Tomorrow I'm mailing out blocks to quilted dove, mad quilter, ninnie, ispy, jan-10, and bobbinwinder.

And that completes my blocks going out!!!! (Except for cjt_mama -- and that's ok, you just enjoy that new baby. No rush at all -- got a lot of time, now.)

I've really enjoyed making them. If any of you are missing one from me, please let me know. And if I screwed up postage and you had to pay extra, please let me know about that, too. I definitely want to make good on any postage due.

Wow I dont even have all my fabrics yet!! I am impressed!

This has been a really challenging swap. I've tried to make as many different blocks as possible. My angles suck, so I apologize if some of the seams don't line up right. (Those are the blocks that just require a lot of extra quilting to cover them up.) Now I know what I need to work on. I've enjoyed working with so many different fabrics, and ironically the blocks I liked the best are made with fabrics I never would have thought to buy. So now I've learned to be more broad-minded when I shop and get out of my rut. The finish size is still a killer with some patterns, and I'm still learning how to cope with that. Sometimes that scant 1/4 inch works, sometimes it just throws everything else off. This has been a great learning experience.

So anyway, I'm ready for the next swap in April. In the meantime, if anyone feels overwhelmed or something comes up to make it difficult to finish, please call on me and I will be glad to help any way I can.