Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-12-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
You were asking about suggested changes to the form you sent. I personally love it, but a column for "notes" might be helpful.
It's an Excel spreadsheet, can't you just modify it to your needs? We won't send it back.
I do not work with Excel, which likely explains why I had no idea how to "mail merge" the addresses onto labels, so I wouldn't even make an attempt to mess with someone else's chart. I am working with what I have, but thought it might be helpful to someone else (besides me) to have it already set up this way.

I look at it this way: we're all in a different place with a variety of skills. I'm pretty adept at MS Word, Powerpoint, and Publisher, but not Excel. Someone else may have that skill, but I don't. But I'm probably a more skilled sewer or quilter than someone else, too. My goal in this suggestion was to make it easier for someone to use the chart without having to turn cartwheels. Isn't that what we're all here to do? Not trying to chew off a head here, but just explain. Sorry if I'm sounding witchy today.
Not witchy at all! I assume (and we all know what happens when one assumes...) that everyone has Excel because I do. Next go round I will ask people to also let me know if they have word or excel and I will send to them in whichever format they need :-)

I appreciate the input Joyce and I will make sure to add it for the next time as well.

Let's all just have fun and enjoy this swap-I know I am :-)

I received only one F8 today but it was a great one and in it was a surprise for my Izzy. Thank you so much Joyce-sht just loved the pretty sunflowers-they look like the ones we grew this year she said.
You are very thoughtful and kind to send her fabric. She wanted to know if you would like a block with it?
Hugs
April
April,

If Izzy would like to make me a block with the sunflower fabric, she certainly can. Far be it from me to squelch a budding quilter's creativity. But if she would prefer to keep it for another project, that is certainly okay, too. I'd like for her to do whatever she wants to with it and enjoy it. Whatever she decides is "right", well, that's what it was meant for! Glad she likes it!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by montanaquilter
P/S--April--love the spreadsheet also but would put in a notes section. i've just been writing my notes in one of the other columns for now. By the way you are very organized with the spreadsheet and everything!! good job!!
Thank you very much :-)
Hugs
April
Old 01-12-2010, 08:21 PM

April,

If Izzy would like to make me a block with the sunflower fabric, she certainly can. Far be it from me to squelch a budding quilter's creativity. But if she would prefer to keep it for another project, that is certainly okay, too. I'd like for her to do whatever she wants to with it and enjoy it. Whatever she decides is "right", well, that's what it was meant for! Glad she likes it!
I will tell her tomorrow she can do what she would like and see what happens-I am sure she will go through and pick out fabrics to make you a block. She is enjoying this with me!
Hugs
April
Old 01-12-2010, 08:31 PM

Hello all,

Today I received 2. Martina Graham & Lori Hovey. I haven't opened envelopes yet. After opening all the others, my head started spinning and I am now LOONEY! I will wait to open envelopes and others as they arrive until I am ready to work on them.

I am having an anxiety attack right now!! What if noone doesn't like the blocks I made? WAHHHH!!! :) I am paying more attention to detail more now than I ever have!!! LOL

Tomorrow I am mailing out Donna Hanna, Barbara Johnson & Sara Vincent's blocks. What will probably happen tomorrow is I will be worried! LOL.

Anyway, thought I would check in and let everyone know I am still ALIVE but now "TOTALLY INSANE" :)

Liz
Old 01-12-2010, 08:46 PM

That thumb sucking will make your teeth stick out!

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
April for the next one could we do something other than 12" blocks??

lol, I've got 34 more to do and I'm worried about the next one.
You guys - stoooooop. ROFL, I have to do 12 Chocoberries, 12 ponds, January batics, wanna-do-the-funky-chicken AND 35 Boomerangs. Not to mention the UFO list that won't end. Rolls over in corner and sucks thumb.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:09 AM

If there are any usable ones, I'd like scraps to make a srappy border. I used stuff from my stash for a "someday" project, so can't buy more.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:16 AM

Sara I notated that on the board for you :-)
Hugs
April
Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by mistiliz
Hello all,

Today I received 2. Martina Graham & Lori Hovey. I haven't opened envelopes yet. After opening all the others, my head started spinning and I am now LOONEY! I will wait to open envelopes and others as they arrive until I am ready to work on them.

I am having an anxiety attack right now!! What if noone doesn't like the blocks I made? WAHHHH!!! :) I am paying more attention to detail more now than I ever have!!! LOL

Tomorrow I am mailing out Donna Hanna, Barbara Johnson & Sara Vincent's blocks. What will probably happen tomorrow is I will be worried! LOL.

Anyway, thought I would check in and let everyone know I am still ALIVE but now "TOTALLY INSANE" :)

Liz
Liz, we will all love our blocks, this is a friendship swap after all and we love all our friends for who they are. I think we all feel the way you are right now. I know mine willl all go into loving quilts made by all my new & wonderfull friends.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:13 AM

Three blocks going home today to, Anita,Martina, &Lorraine. Hope you gal's like your blocks.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 AM

Block and a half (I ran out of fabric on the second one, it just needs a border) being sent to oatw13 today!