Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
At least we'll have lots of friends in the crazy house when we all get there. lol
Amen!
Hugs
April
Old 01-12-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Little Izzy -- whoa, that fabric!!! You really gave me and my stash a good challenge. I am returning one ugly block and one not-as-ugly. I kept thinking about what my 4-yr-old granddaughter would like. She probably would have picked up the same fat eighth to send me. (By the way, just what do you call that "green" in the print???) You definitely see things in living colors -- you go, girl.
LOL Nancy
I had to hold myself back from changing out her fabrics. They do not match each other at all! When I asked her are you sure you don't want to pick ones that go together she sternly told me no mommy I like these fabrics! So out went the 9 non-matching F8s :-) I am sure she will love whatever you sent and I can not say thank you enough for sending her two-she will be thrilled!
Um Muck green? lol
Hugs
April
Old 01-12-2010, 06:05 PM

She'll only be 4 once. Her quilt will end up being so eclectic that it will be a prize winner. Be sure to post pictures of the progress as her blocks come in.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
She'll only be 4 once. Her quilt will end up being so eclectic that it will be a prize winner. Be sure to post pictures of the progress as her blocks come in.
You are correct-She is only 4 once and we are trying to enjoy that as much as we can :-) I will definetly post pictures as she gets them and then when she decides how she wants to sew them up. I am excited to see how hers comes out :-)
Hugs
April
Old 01-12-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
April for the next one could we do something other than 12" blocks??

lol, I've got 34 more to do and I'm worried about the next one.
You guys - stoooooop. ROFL, I have to do 12 Chocoberries, 12 ponds, January batics, wanna-do-the-funky-chicken AND 35 Boomerangs. Not to mention the UFO list that won't end. Rolls over in corner and sucks thumb.
What is a Chocoberry?
I thought it was 36 ponds!
I have already found 5 chickens I want to make and I'm not even sure I will get in that swap!
I got my horses and cats done but I want to do another set!
I was never a thumb sucker but sucked the first two fingers so I'll join you in the corner. :-D

If this cold ever goes away and I get back to the golf course I'll be more organized.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 PM

i'm excited for the next swap-even though i haven't started on this one yet!! but, that's one of the reasons why i love this forum, so many things to do and make lots of friends in the process--it really is great getting to know each other. Mad--you are so hilarious, remember we have a few months to do these blocks, so......take a deep breath and get one project done at a time--in no time at all you'll realize that you're caught up!! yeah right-are quilters ever caught up on projects???!!! well, anyway take a deep breath, relax and have some fun!!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:31 PM

P/S--April--love the spreadsheet also but would put in a notes section. i've just been writing my notes in one of the other columns for now. By the way you are very organized with the spreadsheet and everything!! good job!!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
You were asking about suggested changes to the form you sent. I personally love it, but a column for "notes" might be helpful.
It's an Excel spreadsheet, can't you just modify it to your needs? We won't send it back.
I do not work with Excel, which likely explains why I had no idea how to "mail merge" the addresses onto labels, so I wouldn't even make an attempt to mess with someone else's chart. I am working with what I have, but thought it might be helpful to someone else (besides me) to have it already set up this way.

I look at it this way: we're all in a different place with a variety of skills. I'm pretty adept at MS Word, Powerpoint, and Publisher, but not Excel. Someone else may have that skill, but I don't. But I'm probably a more skilled sewer or quilter than someone else, too. My goal in this suggestion was to make it easier for someone to use the chart without having to turn cartwheels. Isn't that what we're all here to do? Not trying to chew off a head here, but just explain. Sorry if I'm sounding witchy today.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:06 PM

You were asking about suggested changes to the form you sent. I personally love it, but a column for "notes" might be helpful.
It's an Excel spreadsheet, can't you just modify it to your needs? We won't send it back.
I do not work with Excel, which likely explains why I had no idea how to "mail merge" the addresses onto labels, so I wouldn't even make an attempt to mess with someone else's chart. I am working with what I have, but thought it might be helpful to someone else (besides me) to have it already set up this way.

I look at it this way: we're all in a different place with a variety of skills. I'm pretty adept at MS Word, Powerpoint, and Publisher, but not Excel. Someone else may have that skill, but I don't. But I'm probably a more skilled sewer or quilter than someone else, too. My goal in this suggestion was to make it easier for someone to use the chart without having to turn cartwheels. Isn't that what we're all here to do? Not trying to chew off a head here, but just explain. Sorry if I'm sounding witchy today.
Not witchy at all! I assume (and we all know what happens when one assumes...) that everyone has Excel because I do. Next go round I will ask people to also let me know if they have word or excel and I will send to them in whichever format they need :-)

I appreciate the input Joyce and I will make sure to add it for the next time as well.

Let's all just have fun and enjoy this swap-I know I am :-)

I received only one F8 today but it was a great one and in it was a surprise for my Izzy. Thank you so much Joyce-sht just loved the pretty sunflowers-they look like the ones we grew this year she said.
You are very thoughtful and kind to send her fabric. She wanted to know if you would like a block with it?
Hugs
April
Old 01-12-2010, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Originally Posted by anitariddle
That's quite alright. I'm up for all surprises! Thank you for your contribution!
Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Originally Posted by anitariddle
This is Anita. I was loking at doing maybe black white and red.. Thanks!
Sorry Anita, I finnished your block yesterday, ( 1st one I opened) it's not red/white/black, but I do hope you'll like it.
Thanks, it will be a surprise!!! I will mail it tomorrow, didn't get to PO today, had Dr's appointment, and when I got up this morning still no water and on top of that no heat. Now there both fixed.

Buddy's mom,

You're lucky your water is back on. Yay! A courthouse in a nearby county had a pipe burst on the top floor some time over the weekend. There was 5" of water in the basement when it was discovered later on Sunday, not to mention that the computer systems, phone systems, and files are all destroyed. Prosecutor's office in the same building, and all is shut down until further notice. Yukkk!

Can you imagine? If your divorce final hearing was scheduled for this week, it's not going to be heard. Man! I'll just bet there are some very unhappy near-divorcees this week!