Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-14-2010, 06:05 PM

NorBanaquilts, please feel free to use some of the fabric I sent to make yourself a block for the back of your quilt. It is a darling idea! (Same for anyone else who aims to add a block to their quilt.)

I have been trying to make two blocks for everyone if the fabric allows for it, for a special treat. (Since I asked for help with my border.)

This is such a fun group of women!!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
I am so sick. I'm already researching fabric for the next round. I mean, really? Lol!
If you think you're sick...I decided today that I was going to use the scraps that everybody doesn't want back to make 9" blocks for the back of my quilt. So I've just doubled the number of blocks I need to make AND I can't wait for the next one to start. For the next one I think I'm going to pull FQ's from my stash and send them. Think time I used one piece.
Too funny because I am just getting started making the blocks and I love everyob'e fabric so much that I too decided to use the scraps to make blocks for the back of my quilt so I could remember not just what friends sent me but what I sent everyone!!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:25 PM

I realized I have not been posting who I recieved F8 from so here is my long list and I will be better at posting as I recieve....sorry ladies. anitariddle, BarbS, barbsbus, blueribbontoes, buddy'smom, ckcowl, colletakay, daylily4u, Gigx12, kysmommy2, Lovingizabella, MadQuilter, mgrhs, mistiliz, Nancy in Louisiana, neoma, NorBanaquilts, oatw13, OdessaQuilts, purplemem, Sarasewing, Susiequilt, Wine Woman....phew...I think that is everyone...23 recieved so far!!! I love all the different fabrics and the freedom this swap brings...it's so much fun! Thanks April for organizing it!!
Old 01-14-2010, 06:27 PM

I love the idea of using the scraps to make blocks for the back!

This swap is great! I am learning so much and digging out all the fabrics I had forgotten about. I am really enjoying working with fabrics that are outside the norm for me.

I received fabric from Neomoa R, Colleen F, Lee M, Nancy P, and Liz M today.

Incidentally, I didn't get the finished blocks mailed today because I had a slight run-in with my rotary cutter. Luckily I didn't need stitches, just some dermabond and steri-strips (glue and tape!) and a tetanus shot! (I am sooo glad I had everyone's fabric put away at the time! So no accidents!)
Old 01-14-2010, 06:55 PM

best be careful with the rotary oatw!! thank goodness you didn't do any serious damage.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:57 PM

Finnished blocks heading home tomorrow to following ladies, enjoy!!!
Mary T.
Mona G.
Joyce N.
Sara V.
Barbara S.-Canada
Old 01-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Power Poster

6 more in the mailbox tonight. Fun fun fun!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:14 PM

23 received. 12 more to go!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:21 AM

Oyyy Misty I sure hope you are okay! I had a run in with the sewing machine once. I have very long fingernails (natural not salon done) and my pinky got caught by the needle when I was sewing and needless to say my finger got a little sewn too :-) I had to go to the ER because the needle actually broke off inside of my finger. Had to get that old tetanus shot too :-(
Wow love the blocks Donna they are fabulous! What a wonderful idea-I may just have to do this for mine as well! Match up the blocks I made for people to who made which blocks for me and back each quilt with them.
I received 3 more F8s yesterday from:
Nancy,
Neoma
Susan
I also have 2 completed blocks going home today to:
Misty
Colletta
I am having way too much fun with this swap. It really is great to be able to try new blocks and to work with fabrics that might normally be out of my comfort zone!
Hugs
April
And you are welcome Ms. KBunn :-) Thank you!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
I love it! I have already decided that my next one will be an antique-y red white and blue...this is the fabric that has inspired this idea:
Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
I am so sick. I'm already researching fabric for the next round. I mean, really? Lol!
If you think you're sick...I decided today that I was going to use the scraps that everybody doesn't want back to make 9" blocks for the back of my quilt. So I've just doubled the number of blocks I need to make AND I can't wait for the next one to start. For the next one I think I'm going to pull FQ's from my stash and send them. Think time I used one piece.
Loving the fabric for next time!
Hugs
April