Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Okay, okay, mistiliz and kysmommy2, I'm really sorry if it was MY F8 that is not playing nice in your sandboxes! Anyone who has received my F8 already knows how persnickety that piece of fabric is, I'm sure.

Norbanaquilts, I'm liking the blocks you are doing for the back of your quilt.

Today I received F8's from granny216, Kbunn and mistiliz. Into the box they go. I'm keeping them all together in a clear box with my chart and ideas. I put sketches of blocks in there, too, and will start putting in other fabrics as I start to work on the blocks. I can hear them all talking to each other asking where they come from, what they look like, what they think they will look like when I send them back. They're quite the chatty bunch. It's quite interesting to listen to them carry on every night.

What a happy little swap this is turning out to be!

Odessa
Old 01-15-2010, 01:45 PM

Odessa, your fabric is great. I've pulled matching fabric just have to decide on what block. Maybe I should have your fabric have a talk with some of the others.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:51 PM

No need to be sorry! :) Its all fun here! As a matter of fact, your fabric is lovely. I love the colors! :)

My stash are mostly civil war reproductions & Batiks.

My problem is I have to go to my LQS and purchase the fabrics I need for some of the F8's. So when I go to LQS, I not only buy the fabrics I need but everything else I WANT and "HAVE TO HAVE"! ;)
Old 01-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

I have 26 so far :-D :-D And still haven't mailed mine out yet, have half cut though. Will get them in the mail tis week. If I get a chance to make squares this weekend, is it alright if I just mail my material back with the squares I have done. Would save some time, and wouldn't have to address as many envelopes. Just a thought
Old 01-15-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
I can hear them all talking to each other asking where they come from, what they look like, what they think they will look like when I send them back. They're quite the chatty bunch. It's quite interesting to listen to them carry on every night.

Odessa
Lol....I wonder if my DH will be relieved to see I am not the only one who says things like this....or will he worry more that I am not the only one out there!!! I am loving this swap...working with fabrics out of my normal range and hearing them speak to me is awesome. I too have a few shy ones but I am sure we can convince them to play nice!!
Old 01-15-2010, 02:20 PM

Odessa, how funny. I read your post to my husband and he just shook his head. He just doesn't understand. I am really liking this swap and can't wait to do another one.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:20 PM

Ninnie: I think it would be a good idea. Enclose a note so the recipient would know it's not a gift. :-D
Saves time and postage.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:27 PM

received three more F8 today. Colleen Froats, Liz Morgan and Kim Dickson.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:20 PM

Oh you ladies are too funny! I have fabric that talks to me right away and then others sit there being stubborn and won't let out a peep. Eventually I have to stare them down to make them talk lol
I just love the fun I am having and it appears everyone else is having too!
I received more F8s today:
Kim B.
Kim D.
Lori-Ann
Lee
And wait until you all see the Beautiful block I got from Norbana-she did an outstanding job! This will look perfect in the quilt!
Ready...

Want to see it??

Really?

Okay here it is :-)
Hugs
April
Attached Thumbnails attachment-59296.jpe  
Old 01-15-2010, 03:29 PM

OH that is just way too CUTE!!!!