Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
I am new to the quilter's message board >

I am new to the quilter's message board

I am new to the quilter's message board

Old 12-31-2006, 04:19 AM

How fun can this be, getting to chat people who enjoy quilting. I have been quilting for since 1999 and have shared the joy of quilting with a group of ladies that meet at the sewing center where we bought our machines. I hope to get to know and enjoy new friends thanks to the internet and the access to the Quilters Message Board. Wishing all a Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:09 AM

Hey

As we say in the South, Welcome, and enjoy. You will have a good time here, and your on the path to a bunch of friendly and helpful Quilters. Share and enjoy.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:29 AM

Thank you Becky for the welcome.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:38 AM

Hello from Howland, Ohio. While I'm new to quilting, only two years, I've been sewing for too many years to remember. First quilt was for one of my granddaughters. A learning experience. I look forward to learning from all your experiences.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:19 AM

I'm not nearly as gifted as alot of others on this site. I've been sewing along time to, Took up serious interest in quilting about 15yrs ago. I've never had any classes, but I've bought alot of books and read alot, But for the most part I go off in my own little world and do my own thing. I've learned alot from trail and error. But I enjoy it so much and I'm always anxious for the end result. I enjoy talking with others that share my love for the art. None of my close friends quilt, so I come to this site to learn and seek help. I'm looking forward to sharing when ever i can and I just want to say welcome and enjoy, hope to talk with you again.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:03 PM

Hey there-- I am new also. I am from Pass Christian, Mississippi. We were wiped out by Hurricane Katrina, but my sewing machine came with me. It has taken me 16 months to look up and think I might want to quilt again.
The problem is this-- I was able to evacuate a very, very old quilt belonging to an 87 year old friend (it was his grandmother's). It has scalloped edges, which this site has helped me figure out how to re-do. It is so old, however, that there are places that are worn out. Should I attempt to fix them??
Thanks...............
Mariah
Old 01-01-2007, 08:21 PM

Hi to all....my name is Pat and I am very interested in quilting...I have been sewing for many many years, but, I just got interested in quilting when my daughter took it up..........I have been missing lots of fun!!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 02:28 AM

Pat

OH yes you have been missing lots and lots of fun, But your now back in the play ground, WELCOME
Old 01-02-2007, 07:14 AM
PJ

Hello Mariah,
My name is Priscilla and to answer your question about restoring your antique quilt e-mail this quilter who recently signed up. [email protected]. She does restoring and has helped me clean some antique blocks that were my mothers. I hope this has been helpful.
Pris
Old 01-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Boo

Just a note :D :D :D

I caution all posters, please do not forget you are on the world wide web! If you want to share personal information, such as email addies, please be safe and send in a private message. If you click on a posters name you will see PM or email. In my case, I only have PM for safety. That way I can share my email addy with whom I please. You have no idea who may be reading what you post.

End of sermon. :lol: