Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Qulited Arm Chair Organizer >

Qulited Arm Chair Organizer

Qulited Arm Chair Organizer

Old 02-01-2010, 07:16 PM

I like it and am thinking I might need to make one for DH's birthday in March :lol:

Eee-gads that's a lotta remotes...I wondered which pattern you'd go with. This is perfect! I love your DH's idea of using the metal rod to keep the mags from sagging.

How long did you make the opposite side, long enough to 'tuck in'? Did you weight the opposite side down at all?

Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:19 PM

This is so nice and love the color matching. I need to make one too although hubby does not have so many remote's like yours hehehehe they seem to love them.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, why does he have so many remotes? I love the organizer and the color matches the chair!

Where did you find your pattern? Also don't understand about the metal? Please explain, thanks

Karen
Old 02-01-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Paula Z in AZ
I like it and am thinking I might need to make one for DH's birthday in March :lol:

Eee-gads that's a lotta remotes...I wondered which pattern you'd go with. This is perfect! I love your DH's idea of using the metal rod to keep the mags from sagging.

How long did you make the opposite side, long enough to 'tuck in'? Did you weight the opposite side down at all?

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the nice comments, The entire body finished at 34.5 inches, but I just eyeballed the yard of fabric and then measured the length of the arm of the chair from front to back. It finished at about 12.5 inches wide. I looked at all the wonderful sites with free patterns that every one on her gave me and combined them to suit my purposes. The only thing I would do different is make the pockets about 1/2 inches wider to compensate for the width of the remotes and it is a little tighter fit than I had intended. I did make a little pleat at the bottom for that purpose. I after I had quilted the front to the headliner foam I use for the back, I draped it over the arm and estimated how much I needed to tuck in, or tack to the underframe of the chair if needed (which I didn't). After I put the pockets on, I just used premade double wide bias tape to bind it.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Wow, why does he have so many remotes? I love the organizer and the color matches the chair!

Where did you find your pattern? Also don't understand about the metal? Please explain, thanks

Karen
Why does he have so many remotes??? I have no clue, though he wants me to tell you that he knows what they all go to ;)

He picked the fabric. He has a pretty good eye, sometimes he helps me with coordinating fabrics.

As far as the metal rod goes, the remote pocket fabric is attached to the large pocket for a magazine. I was afraid that the weight of the remotes (although I really had no idea he had that many) would make it gap. So I mentioned it to hubby and he thought for a while and then came out of my office with the metal frame from the top of hanging file folders. When they get old the cardboard which is wrapped around them comes loose, so I had some in the bottom of my portable file box I carry in my car for work. It was too long so he cut them to fit, I wrapped the ends in duct tape so it wouldn't poke through the fabric. I place a piece of single fold bias tape on the back of the body parallel to where the magazine pocket would be and then folded over the magazine pocket about 2/3 inch to slide the metal in (not actually a rod, it is flat). I was careful to keep the metal short enough that it just missed being in the way of the binding...although a slight miscalculation did result in a broken needle :oops:
Old 02-01-2010, 08:19 PM

like the idea, maybe i need to make one for my home
Old 02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

Wow!!! I thought I had a lot of remotes...............
Nice job.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:57 PM

That came out great. Looks like it belongs with the chair.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:45 PM

Great idea! I need it for my home...
Old 02-02-2010, 05:56 AM

Thanks for the kind words everyone. If the folks on this board hadn't directed me to some patterns, it would have been a whole lot harder.