Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do I have the best husband or what? >

Do I have the best husband or what?

Do I have the best husband or what?

Old 02-21-2010, 05:16 AM

Okay I admit, sometimes my husband is an obnoxious pain in the rear, but what man isn't? :) He has been so fabulous this past week though. Two days ago he sat with me for over an hour helping me get the mitered corners on my border right. I was following the directions in Eileen Wright's book and it just wasn't turning out correctly. He pointed out a couple things he thought I should change and voila, better corners! (He's really good at math and stuff)

Then yesterday I ran out of starch. We had to take a trailer back to a friend's anyways so went ahead and loaded up the kids and went in to town. I ran in to Hancocks and got a couple things then he said he had to go to Walmart. He came back out with 2 bottles of starch, (Hancocks only had Mary Ellen's and I like a heavy regular starch) a new full size ironing board, and a nice new iron. All I've had for the last couple of years is a table top ironing board and a cheapie piece of junk iron. It was sooooo nice ironing my backing fabric on that full sized board last night! (Hey, it's the simple things right?)

Then last night he helped me lay my backing, batting and top all out. He sat with me and kept me company for an hour and a half while I pinned, pinned and pinned some more. I'm sure he would of rather gone to bed but knew I could only do this when the kids were in bed.

I'm sure he'll go back to his typical buttheaded-man self soon but I'm enjoying this while it lasts. :P
Old 02-21-2010, 05:26 AM

He's a keeper:)
Could it be that he is hoping for a quilt of his own?
Old 02-21-2010, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
He's a keeper:)
Could it be that he is hoping for a quilt of his own?
LoL, you're right on the money! He asked me a couple weeks ago if I could make him a specific quilt. He said, "No hurry, I know you have a few projects lined up, just whenever you get time." I told him I would do it right after I finished my current WIP. The other projects can wait. :)
Old 02-21-2010, 05:47 AM

He sounds wonderful! I would keep him!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:55 AM

Well he certainly is acting very nicely at the moment. Maybe you should make a note of it somewhere so you can re-live the moment later when he is back to acting up :lol:
Sometimes when they are acting "normal" it is hard to remember why we love them so much, then they surprise us in some nice way that brings it all back :thumbup:
Old 02-21-2010, 05:55 AM

Sometimes they surprise us don't they. I'd keep him for sure!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 05:59 AM

yes indeed, you DO you have a great hubby!!
People had a hard time when I said one Feb 15 that my DH got me an extra wide ironing board for VDay.... but to ME?? the perfect gift (oh, there WAS chocolate, too....)

Trish
Old 02-21-2010, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Okay I admit, sometimes my husband is an obnoxious pain in the rear, but what man isn't? :) He has been so fabulous this past week though. Two days ago he sat with me for over an hour helping me get the mitered corners on my border right. I was following the directions in Eileen Wright's book and it just wasn't turning out correctly. He pointed out a couple things he thought I should change and voila, better corners! (He's really good at math and stuff)

Then yesterday I ran out of starch. We had to take a trailer back to a friend's anyways so went ahead and loaded up the kids and went in to town. I ran in to Hancocks and got a couple things then he said he had to go to Walmart. He came back out with 2 bottles of starch, (Hancocks only had Mary Ellen's and I like a heavy regular starch) a new full size ironing board, and a nice new iron. All I've had for the last couple of years is a table top ironing board and a cheapie piece of junk iron. It was sooooo nice ironing my backing fabric on that full sized board last night! (Hey, it's the simple things right?)

Then last night he helped me lay my backing, batting and top all out. He sat with me and kept me company for an hour and a half while I pinned, pinned and pinned some more. I'm sure he would of rather gone to bed but knew I could only do this when the kids were in bed.

I'm sure he'll go back to his typical buttheaded-man self soon but I'm enjoying this while it lasts. :P
Yes he's a keeper.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80

If my Husband did all that, I would start to wonder what was up. :shock:
Old 02-21-2010, 06:53 AM
Power Poster

Awwwww that is all so sweet :D:D:D