Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do I have the best husband or what? >

Do I have the best husband or what?

Do I have the best husband or what?

Old 02-21-2010, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Chele
Did you check the driveway for a new Corvette?! I'm teasing! He sounds like a great guy!
For our 40th anniversay my hushband gave me a brand new RED T-bird convertible. Was I ever surprised, but most great husband do sweet things. Yes, I ride around town with the top down and have a ball. Our 4 teenage g-kids love to tell there friends their g-mother drivevs a red convertible. Once in blue moon I might let then drive it, only with me along.
You and your husband make a great couple, your children are blessed to have you two.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Awwwhhh! So sweet...this was the same guy that came home with the new Bernina when you were just considering getting a new machine, right? I'd say he is definitely a keeper. My hubby is the same way, even offered to go out during a snow storm for starch for me!

Yep, give him a big hug...and make him a quilt quick! My hubby got his for Christmas (he talked me into a Bernina in July).
Old 02-21-2010, 12:21 PM

Yes, he's a keeper! I have one too! Sounds like pinning is a good way to spend quality alone-time with each other. LOL
Old 02-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Banned

Nursie and I were thinking the same thing! THIS is the same hubby who came home with the swanky new machine for you! And now this?? He's definitely a keeper!!! Isn't it great when they show more than a passing interest in your projects? My hubby is a keeper too~~ in fact he just told me he intends to go to the big quilt show with me in Salt Lake City. I was shocked and his response was "well, I drag you along to all my crap, I figure it's the least I can do!" Wow.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Banned

That is wonderful, my husbands the same way, Im down from back surgery 2 wks ago, Im on the board last night looking at the recieps and see the one on two minute fudge anyway chatting with some wonderful people on the board and joking around about my husban has to make the fudge, I wright down the drictions, and he made it today.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:17 PM

Wow Penny! Fudge! My hubby cooks, but so far candy has not be a part of his repertoire! Definitely a keeper.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Banned

Now me being the only guy here :lol: :lol: :lol: I will say that I am very supportive of my wife's hobbies and her in general.

She has always told me that she has never seen such a devoted man in her life and is lucky to have me. I am always there to help her if needed and she will come out to the garage with me and sit and hang out while I work on a car or bike late at night after the kids are in bed.

My wife collects Barbies, Hallmark Christmas Ornaments and she is really into collecting Gemstones and Jewelry. Yes its a VERY expensive hobby but it makes her happy and she really enjoys it. She and I will hit the toy and jewelry shows, and flea markets together and she never hears me complain the first bit. And I bet I have been in every Gold Crown Hallmark store within a 300 mile radius of me!! :roll: :lol:

I think that you have a great hubby and if you would surprise him with something that he likes to do he might not go back to his "old ways".

But I think that for a marriage to work you have to take an active roll in each others lives including hobbies and interest.

Billy
Old 02-21-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Now me being the only guy here :lol: :lol: :lol: I will say that I am very supportive of my wife's hobbies and her in general.

She has always told me that she has never seen such a devoted man in her life and is lucky to have me. I am always there to help her if needed and she will come out to the garage with me and sit and hang out while I work on a car or bike late at night after the kids are in bed.

My wife collects Barbies, Hallmark Christmas Ornaments and she is really into collecting Gemstones and Jewelry. Yes its a VERY expensive hobby but it makes her happy and she really enjoys it. She and I will hit the toy and jewelry shows, and flea markets together and she never hears me complain the first bit. And I bet I have been in every Gold Crown Hallmark store within a 300 mile radius of me!! :roll: :lol:

I think that you have a great hubby and if you would surprise him with something that he likes to do he might not go back to his "old ways".

But I think that for a marriage to work you have to take an active roll in each others lives including hobbies and interest.

Billy
AMEN! Hubby and I will celebrate our 34th anniversary in April. Taking an active roll in each others lives and communication are definitely the keys!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Banned

Billy
How many men even know that it's a "Gold Crown" Hallmark store??? :shock: You rock!
Old 02-21-2010, 02:12 PM

Billy
I totally agree! I think you definitely have a keeper there! My hubby is wonderful too! He is always super supportive and never begrudges me my hobby. He "willingly" will go into a fabric store with me and quite often helps me pick out my colors. He never tells me that I am getting in over my head when I sign up for three different swaps, plus have all my own projects on top of taking care of a 10 month old! LOL! (He regularly takes the baby so I can quilt away!)
The part that makes it even more amazing of him is that right now he is unable to nuture his own hobby. We are living in a trailer while we wait to build on our land, so he has no space for his wood shop. Nary a complaint from him!
It's awesome your Hubby is so wonderful! Make sure to post a pic of the quilt you make for him for his wonderfulness!!