Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do I have the best husband or what? >

Do I have the best husband or what?

Do I have the best husband or what?

Old 02-21-2010, 02:28 PM

I think he is a keeper too. Maybe he's been a diamond in the rough up until now. It sounds like he is very supportive of your hobby so make him a special quilt.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned

AMEN! Hubby and I will celebrate our 34th anniversary in April. Taking an active roll in each others lives and communication are definitely the keys!
My wife is going with me to Brookville Ohio tomorrow to pick up a pair of 1932 Ford Coupe bodies and the frames for a customer that I am building a pair of cars for. Its going to be a His and Hers build so it should be fun LOL. But while we are up there I am going to drop by Jegs to pick up a block and set of heads that I just bought for my bullet nosed Studebaker earlier today.

I spent almost 10K on that phone call and she never bat an eye. And I am going to Hancock of Paducah to see if I can find some fodder for a quilt or two an the way home!!

So we have a 20 or so hour round trip to look forward to and we start at 11pm tonight. But as always she will be by my side the whole way!!!!

Billy
Old 02-21-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
AMEN! Hubby and I will celebrate our 34th anniversary in April. Taking an active roll in each others lives and communication are definitely the keys!
My wife is going with me to Brookville Ohio tomorrow to pick up a pair of 1932 Ford Coupe bodies and the frames for a customer that I am building a pair of cars for. Its going to be a His and Hers build so it should be fun LOL. But while we are up there I am going to drop by Jegs to pick up a block and set of heads that I just bought for my bullet nosed Studebaker earlier today.

I spent almost 10K on that phone call and she never bat an eye. And I am going to Hancock of Paducah to see if I can find some fodder for a quilt or two an the way home!!

So we have a 20 or so hour round trip to look forward to and we start at 11pm tonight. But as always she will be by my side the whole way!!!!

Billy
Sounds like you have a full, fun day planned. Hubby and I have driven cross country 2 times, from PA to Maine and from PA to GA, MS, LA, and back to PA. We have such a good time, just moseying along and seeing so much. People he works with don't understand how we can stand to be cooped up together for so long without fighting....we really rarely do. It's just a matter of give and take. Enjoy your time and hope you find some awesome quilt "fodder".
Old 02-21-2010, 02:44 PM

What a sweetheart! He definitely appreciates the love and work you put into your quilts.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

My DH would never do that for me. If I ask him to go to the store for me I generally get a dirty look.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nursie76
Wow Penny! Fudge! My hubby cooks, but so far candy has not be a part of his repertoire! Definitely a keeper.
ya he added to much butter, but I had him throw marshmellows in to thicken it. His first time with candy.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Banned

Now me being the only guy here :lol: :lol: :lol: I will say that I am very supportive of my wife's hobbies and her in general.

She has always told me that she has never seen such a devoted man in her life and is lucky to have me. I am always there to help her if needed and she will come out to the garage with me and sit and hang out while I work on a car or bike late at night after the kids are in bed.

My wife collects Barbies, Hallmark Christmas Ornaments and she is really into collecting Gemstones and Jewelry. Yes its a VERY expensive hobby but it makes her happy and she really enjoys it. She and I will hit the toy and jewelry shows, and flea markets together and she never hears me complain the first bit. And I bet I have been in every Gold Crown Hallmark store within a 300 mile radius of me!! :roll: :lol:

I think that you have a great hubby and if you would surprise him with something that he likes to do he might not go back to his "old ways".

But I think that for a marriage to work you have to take an active roll in each others lives including hobbies and interest.

Billy
Hi Bill and good for you for the last 28yrs my husband has draged me into the gun and knife show as he collected them when I was working to, but he has never had a problem goning any where I would like to go either, I agree for a marrage to work flexability is a must.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nursie76

Billy
Sounds like you have a full, fun day planned. Hubby and I have driven cross country 2 times, from PA to Maine and from PA to GA, MS, LA, and back to PA. We have such a good time, just moseying along and seeing so much. People he works with don't understand how we can stand to be cooped up together for so long without fighting....we really rarely do. It's just a matter of give and take. Enjoy your time and hope you find some awesome quilt "fodder".
On our 25th anniversrey we got on the road king and went were ever we ended up in Idaho, That was the best vacation we have ever had, just me and hubby with no destination.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by penny doty
Hi Bill and good for you for the last 28yrs my husband has draged me into the gun and knife show as he collected them when I was working to, but he has never had a problem goning any where I would like to go either, I agree for a marrage to work flexability is a must.
I know all about the gun and knife shows for sure! I trail along behind him in one of those every other month or so. I actually find it amusing. There are some interesting folks at gun shows. :)

My husband and I actually do more together than the average couple. Both our families live out of state so we really just have each other to turn too. Tracy (my husband) is the most generous and unselfish person I have ever met. I am beyond blessed to have him in my life. I like to "complain" about his typical manish ways, but when it comes right down to it, I know he's a keeper. :)
Old 02-21-2010, 07:18 PM

You have a keeper - If he loves math he probably loves the math challenge that quilting sometimes gives you. If you can do things together keep it up - will make your marriage stronger.