Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do I have the best husband or what? >

Do I have the best husband or what?

Do I have the best husband or what?

Old 02-23-2010, 12:36 PM

all i can add is make sure you let him know how very much you love the time and thought he has put into you over the past few days, It always works for me..LOL...good luck
Old 02-23-2010, 01:04 PM

I think they like to keep us off guard!LOL My husband is pretty great to though. Constantly making me things and very supportive of my craft. I think I'll keep him too!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:29 PM

Yes he is a real keeper and just maybe a quilter in the making. Maybe there will be a time when he makes a space for the two of you to work together in.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:38 PM

yes indeed, you DO you have a great hubby!!
People had a hard time when I said one Feb 15 that my DH got me an extra wide ironing board for VDay.... but to ME?? the perfect gift (oh, there WAS chocolate, too....)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing to do with quilting, but marvelous husbands. Once for Valentine's
Day, my darling (now gone) bought me my heart's desire..a three horsepower
multi angled miter saw!! And, of course, chocolates!!
Love him while he is here, time passes so fast that it will take your breath
away.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi

If my Husband did all that, I would start to wonder what was up. :shock:
he he... mine is generally pretty supportive of my addictions but there are those days where I ask him " Ok who are you and where ever the old randy is I don't want him back" lol so glad you have a keeper.[/quote]

I tell my Randy the same thing sometimes! He knows I can't baste anything big without him, so it's a lot of give and take.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:19 PM

Rachel, do they still have the tobacco spitting contest in Raleigh?
Old 02-23-2010, 05:38 PM

:thumbup: I'm jealous!!! Silvia
Old 02-23-2010, 06:12 PM

I think we all have wonderful husbands (spouses). Mark and I have been together for 35 years, married 30 years and I think we grow closer each day. I love when he goes with me to the LQS. He is so much better at picking out material than I am. We have even taken our grandsons (16 months and 4 months) to the quilt shows. They love the bright colors of the quilts. We should have a "special day for our hubbys." Maybe take them out to dinner (that way we won't have to cook).
Old 02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
After a too young first marriage with plenty of money worries and never being able to have anything to look forward to but payday I thought marriage was the pits. My second and last marriage I made sure a paycheck was the last thing we would have to worry about before becoming involved to the point of it didn't matter. Choose your spouse carefully because marriage will be your dream or your worse nightmare.
Rule #1 Never marry for money! Too many of my friends have "Trophy Wives" that married them for the money and both parties have affairs and all it does is end up a wreck.

A marriage needs to be based off of trust, love ,and morals. Money does play a part in it but only if one of the partners put more emphasis on it that the other one.

My great grand parents were married for eons and they were dirt poor sharecroppers and moonshiners and they were the happiest couple that you have ever seen. They didnt get running water in their 3 room home until 1976. And they never had a bathroom it was always an out house.

I have always worked hard and overachieved at all of my goals. I was married at 19 and even though my wife was 32 and had a nice career as a Paralegal we both worked hard to get ahead and save money. When she was pregnant with our first child I made her quit her job and she has never worked a day since.

Then after the second kiddo popped up I was putting in endless hours in an upper corporate job and finally decided one day that I was missing everything that was important to me, my family.

So I quit my 6 digit a year job and have never looked back. It helped that everything I own has always been paid for (we never had bought anything on credit) and that my wife and I have always put God, family and each other before anything else.

Its been 10 years since I even had a job and we have been married for 26 years this year. We are not the richest people out here but we have money in the account, roof over our heads, food in the pantry, and our family values are like they were in 1951. Hence my screen name Lostn51!!

Billy
Old 02-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

We were married 48 years last Dec. 30th. We have worked at a job together for the last almost 23 years and ride to and from work together. We were married young, me 16 him 20. No all roses and sunshine but, we haven't had any serious problems and work out any problem that comes along. That is the secret. Be committed to one another and stay committed. Two of our kids have been divorced and third divorced twice. 22 year old Granddaughter thinks that is ironic.