Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone own a Husqvarna? >

Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

Does anyone own a Husqvarna?

Old 03-02-2010, 12:53 PM

I'm looking at different machines right now and have just spoke with a dealer for Husqvarna. How do you like it?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Banned

I own a Husqvarna Viking Platinum 755. I LOVE it -- I've had no issues with it. I love how it's easy to place the bobbin; also love how the sewing needle placement is adjustable. It sews beautifully...has way more stitches than I could ever possibly use, though. The only issue I've ever had was that the feed dogs would occasionally kick the fabric to the left -- I resolved that issue by getting a piecing foot with a guide.

I sew almost every night for at least an hour or two, and the machine has held up beautifully so far.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:21 PM

I have the Husqvarna Viking Designer 850. (I think that's the right number) It's got an 11 inch throat and I'm loving it for machine quilting. I like the way it sews, the bobbin empty reminder, and the automatic setting for 1/4 inch seams when on the quilt setting.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:44 PM

don't have one...good luck finding what you want
Old 03-02-2010, 01:48 PM

I've got the D1, #1+ and the Diamond...love them all...they have all been used and abused. The only problems have been ones of MY making...

Julie
Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM

I realize that they're really expensive and I changed my mind about getting two different machines at this time. One for sewing/quilting and one for embroidery. So I'm looking at the combos. I think I'll go and give them a trial run. I am going to take my husband with me though so he can check out the mechanics on them. I'll be in charge of everything else!!! :lol: :lol:

You know I called a Bernina dealer and spoke with someone that really couldn't give me any info. She kept asking someone else for answers, but the one that had the answers I guess didn't feel it was important enough to come to the phone. Won't be buying a Bernina!!! Can't expect very good service from there!!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:23 PM

I picked up a husky C200(?) at a Sewing festival last year here in Denver, I bought it to FMQ. I haven't used it much, but, I LOVE that thing! certainly not as fancy as what some of you own..smooth, quiet. Good luck!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:39 PM

Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 830. I've had it for about 8 months and love it! I wish I got to use it every day, but it's more like 3-4 times/week. It's a bit different than my old Viking. I'm still reaching for the presser foot lever! LOL At the beginning, I had a little trouble doing FMQ, but the dealer gave me a new foot and it works great! I like that I can adjust the foot right or left where ever I want it. Love the decorative stitches. It's got a 9" throat, so it's great for squeezing the quilt thru. I went with a dealer that offered unlimited free "get to know your machine" classes. She's accommodated my schedule. Very helpful and a pleasure to deal with, much nicer than at Joann's. I think I bought in June when they were selling off the 830's to make room for the 835's. I got mine for under $900. I saw the 835 for $1299 on sale at Joann's the other day. I don't think there's much different, maybe a few more stitches.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:45 PM

I had a Viking for about a year, but sold it to get my Janome 9000. It was a great machine and I had no dislikes or quibbles about it other than I wanted an embroidery machine. I've "heard" quite a few negatives lately about Viking though. I don't know what the problems are, but I'm also researching buying a new machine and I'm a bit hesitant to get another one...
Old 03-02-2010, 02:49 PM

I'm still reaching for the presser foot lever!
I love that feature! You can raise and lower the presser foot completely hands free. Also the ability to stop with the needle up or down. Makes piecing so much easier.