Pizza For Breakfast?

Old 04-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Banned

Well my wife and I got up this morning and seen that my daughter, Brittany, Cassy and Jessica pulled an all nighter working on a joint project they have to do for a graduation requirement. We all were sitting around drinking our coffee listening to them tell us about their findings and studies when the doorbell rang. Cassy squealed "He's here!"

As the girls ran off to the door my wife and I are looking at each other thinking who is he? When I looked it was a Pizza Guy with a boat load of boxes at the door.

Come to find out the pizza place that just opened not far from here sells "Breakfast Pizza's" and man are they ever good!!!

They ordered 4 large pizzas, 2 had scrambled eggs with onions, mushrooms, peppers, sausage, and the other bacon and smothered in cheddar and mozzarella cheese.

The third one was like a Mexican version with the same things but had a salsa sauce and jalapeno peppers on it.

The forth one had a white gravy like you have with biscuits with sausage, mushrooms, onions and tons of cheese.

Needless to say we really enjoyed them and I think I have found a good "Saturday" type of breakfast. I think one of the girls said Dominoes used to have something like these but they liked this place better.

So have you guys ever had any pizzas like these before?

Billy
Old 04-10-2010, 07:40 AM

Yummy, sounds good to me! I haven't heard of it before, wish there was one near me!
Old 04-10-2010, 07:47 AM

I have never heard of this before. My breakfast pizza usually consists of leftovers from the night before.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:50 AM

Ohhhh that does sound good. I'm an hour away from the nearest pizza place but those sound good enough to drive that far to get some. I have not heard of it before. I'll have to check into it. Thanks for making me hungry :-D
Old 04-10-2010, 07:52 AM

At least it was nice and fresh...and hot!. My kids love to order extra pizza so they can have it the next morning cold!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Banned

If I was thinking about it I would have taken photos of them they looked that good!! Now that everyones tummy is full they have all filed off and hit the sack. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some of them have to work tonight but as soon as Brittany found out that my wife and I are going to do some running around and hit the fabric store today she said she wanted to go and crashed here in the sunroom.

She is really getting interested in quilting and I told her that we would take her shopping and buy her fabric for her a lap quilt she wants to make.

Billy
Old 04-10-2010, 08:16 AM

We make breakfast pizzas for holidays.

Smash crescent roll dough in a pan. Bake about halfway so it won't get soggy.

Slather on some good milk gravy.

Add sausage and/or bacon crumbles and bake until the dough is done.

My kids like it with salsa, scrambled eggs, bacon crumbles and cheddar.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:46 AM

I've seen recipes for breakfast pizzas, and I've eaten regular leftover pizza for breakfast at times.

If you watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, breakfast pizza is one of the foods served at the school he's working with, and it's one of the foods he's fighting against.

It's high fat, high calorie, but once in a while, it's fine, IMO.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lisanne
I've seen recipes for breakfast pizzas, and I've eaten regular leftover pizza for breakfast at times.

It's high fat, high calorie, but once in a while, it's fine, IMO.
That probably why I liked it so much!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 04-10-2010, 09:24 AM

I've had several of those, but nobody around here has done the white gravy version yet.
Wish I could make a breakfast pizza at home as good as the pizza places. The chain grocery stores also make breakfast pizzas.